Eric Hall Signs with AF2 Corpus Christi Sharks

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by abeagame11, Jan 28, 2008.

1. abeagame11

abeagame11 < 25 Posts

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    January 28th, 2008

SHARKS ADD NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP EXPERIENCE AND WIDEOUT DEPTH
    UT Longhorn alum Hall and Moody Standout Dunn now Sharks

Corpus Christi Sharks Vice President & General Manager Larry Linde announced today that the Arena Football team has added the versatile Eric Hall and Nate Dunn for the 2008 season.

The 6’ 2”, 255lb, Hall was a member of the 2005 University of Texas National Championship team that defeated the favored USC Trojans in the Rose Bowl. Hall was a three year starter contributing at a number of positions for Mack Brown’s Longhorns. While at UT, Hall saw time at Running Back, Full Back, Defensive End, Middle and Strong Side Linebacker. As a Junior in 2004, Hall had his best collegiate season recording 41 Tackles, (4 for a loss), a sack, and 4 QB pressures. Hall was a key part of a Longhorn team that allowed just 320 yards and 17.1 points per game that season. Last year, Hall split time between the af2’s Amarillo Dusters and Albany Conquest. Hall earned Defensive Player of the Game honors with Amarillo making a huge tackle for a loss, forcing a fumble and blocking a Field Goal attempt to preserve a win. “I am excited about the opportunity to play in Corpus Christi”, said Hall. “I believe I can not only help the team on the field but help recruit some former teammates from UT”, he added. Sharks Head Coach Mike Trigg is delighted to have Hall under contract for the 2008 season. “Eric certainly demonstrated during his career at Texas he can line up and play just about anywhere”, said Trigg. “His drive and desire to win, coupled with his National Championship experience is a great addition to our football team”.

Nate Dunn, 6’ 4’’ 265lbs, was a multi-sport stand out at Moody High in Corpus Christi, TX. Dunn’s size and strength make him a dangerous weapon in the red zone. While Dunn will primarily be used as a wideout for the Sharks, he also has some experience at the Quarterback position. “As a coach, you’re always looking for receivers that have the size to block out a defensive back plus the ability to go up the ladder and get the football. Dunn is that kind of guy”, said Trigg. “Nate also has the ability to throw the ball giving us some options in the red zone and a reliable emergency Quarterback”.

As the season draws closer, Trigg is pleased with the way the team is coming together. “Our offensive and defensive lines are bigger and quicker, we have more team speed and depth than last year and we’re not done recruiting yet. I think the fans are going to love what we’ve done”.

For more information or to schedule interviews with Head Coach Mike Trigg or any of the Sharks players please call Director of Broadcasting Scott Howe at (361) 658-7916. Season tickets for the Sharks 2008 season at the American Bank Center are now on sale. Season Tickets start at just $75 and can be purchased by calling the Sharks Office at (361) 882-9292.

101 N. Shoreline Drive Suite #208, 78412 OFFICE: (361) 882.9292 FAX (361) 882.8712
    WEB:The Link

2. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

Wow. I remember that dude, but it seems they are overplaying his impact. I think I can safely say Hall was one of those "lost in the shuffle" guys.

3. PanzerDSS

PanzerDSS 100+ Posts

4. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

He played a good deal at LBer, but moreso in 2004 than 2005 I think.
    Hook Em Eric!

5. abeagame11

abeagame11 < 25 Posts

He will be a big help to the CC Sharks. If you have not gone to a game it is a lot of fun and something to do when the horns are not playing football.

6. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

7. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

He hit harder off the field than on it, if memory serves me right.

8. Meursault

Meursault 250+ Posts

i knew e. hall and he was an incredibly nice guy. it was shocking really, considering the cockiness of most athletes. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. PanzerDSS

PanzerDSS 100+ Posts

10. abeagame11

abeagame11 < 25 Posts

So is your butt going to be in the seats during the season? lol.

He will be in Austin last week of March playing against the Wranglers, if anyone wants to see him play. The Link