EU carbon trading 'below junk status'

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mop, Apr 17, 2013.

1. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

Boy, in light of another conversation I have had on this board several times, i must admit it is quite amusing to see the EU carbon market collapsing. Weren't we told by a very passionate poster on this board that the carbon markets were solid and that I was wrong to think they were in any trouble? Wasn't that only a couple of years ago:

Economist reports that EU carbon market is below junk status

2. Bronco

Bronco 500+ Posts

But Mcbrett linked us to carbon traders websites!!!

Of course he also told us that the performance of a broad group of stocks in the same industry was not representative of the industry as a whole.

3. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

I had cereal for breakfast this morning. Again,, and it still tastes great.

4. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

That response usually isn't as effective on the west mall as it is on the field.

5. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

Vol- clown like posts usually get that type of response regardless. i mean posting links from conspiracy theory blogs carried a little weight in 2002 when blogs were novel and we thought most people on the inter-webs were truth seeking scholars who just needed a forum to connect. The Economist is credible in this one post, the poster and the several hundred other threads repeating the same drivel from blogs are not. In this case a credible article doesn't exactly connect to the point they wish they could make.

I only come to this site for good recruiting and program news- then i check in on the clowns on west mall who like to argue and post links to blogs, and then answer their own posts repeatedly; sleeping well at night believing they changed someone else's mind or made a point.

A lot of great posters, you know, the intelligent ones who would actually listen and discuss something, then perhaps link to credible sites while still being a gentleman- they've left the board. YoLaDu comes to mind, as were several others.

How do you discuss something with someone who mixes environmentalism, with science, with engineering and with politics? You don't- you save your breath and walk away and instead read about Texas football. Or if I want to learn about real life- I read my industry journals that discuss what projects/companies are doing in business, not fantasy armchair quarterback/POTUS land here.

This board is a sh#t pool of fringe arguing against themselves. The post counts are way down- and the level of conversation died several years ago. Sorry- but dumb posts deserve dumb responses. Back to the Recruiting and On the Field for me.. have fun kiddos.

6. msdw24

msdw24 1,000+ Posts

Just because your marxisit ideas are a long term joke and wont work in the end mcbrett doesn't mean you should throw a hissyfit about the board.

7. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

8. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

9. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

No joke.

10. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

Name a better one. I would love it check it out as traffic is pretty slow here sometimes.

11. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

I don't visit political sites very much. This was the only board I ever participated on. I still come by in the way that you might drive by an old girlfriend's house to sigh at what once was.

12. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

Wow, he actually showed up! Amazing. Yeah, just about everything he said about how carbon credits were set to boom etc etc, looks very laughable now doesn't it? Come on McBrett, man up and admit you were incredibly wrong. What person in their right mind is investing in carbon markets right now? They are almost certainly on the way out. Even the EU is ignoring them and they are crumbling. Heck, Japan is getting ready to blow off Kyoto altogether. I was right and you know it and your links to ads by stock selling companies was and is silly. I pointed that out but you acted as if I was an idiot for doing so.

13. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts