Fantasy football

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Denmark, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

So I've joined a private league here in DK through NFL.com, so for the first time in over 22 years I'll be in a league. Any thoughts on how I should tackle the draft. Should I just let the computer do the picking [​IMG]

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

It depends on the league you joined. If it's a PPR or points per reception, then backs who catch a lot are very important. Look into how a team uses a back.

Generally it's harder to get producing RB's than WR's. I generally start with two RB's first. There are several cheat sheets around, go with one you prefer

Tier players and it's not hard to to. Make it Elite, Great, Good, Average and Meh.

If a run on Elite in a position happens and you miss out, emphasize Elite in other positions, don't follow the run on players/position. Then later on pick up a couple Great ones.

Watch the bye weeks. If I don't get one of the top 4 or 5 TE's around the 6th round, I let it go till the 8th or so.

Don't worry about a Defense till the second or third to last round and a kicker the last one of the draft. It's up to you if you think kicking indoors for home games, sea level etc, matter.

good luck and this is just my .02

3. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

Thanks, but...

Isn't it worth a point or two each week to get a kicker on a perceived top 8 winning or scoring team?

In the NFL.com league there are BN picks, what are they used for?

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

The only year a kicker made a difference for me was when I had John Carney in the 90's sometime and he was on fire with San Diego. He won two extra games by one or two points. Other than that, it's streaky, undependable and the sure things seldom are.

My personal opinion is kickers last. Others may disagree and give reasons why. I assume others in your league like your question on kickers and hope you over value one.

I did put a little hopeful strategy into my picking of Gostkowski second to last pick in the draft. I feel that with a new WR corps with no Welker and Gronk out at TE or at least mending awhile, I am good to go. I think and hope the Pats move the ball well with Brady at the helm but don't seal the deal meaning more FG attempts in the Red Zone than TD's.

But you never know.

Good luck and welcome back to the addiction.

5. hornfanuk

hornfanuk 100+ Posts

BN = Bench.

6. duff_man

duff_man 250+ Posts

I've learned this hard way, but do not pick a QB if you have a top 3 or 4 pick in the draft. There are so many good ones now, pick another skill position player.