Florida State ??

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by HANNAHORN, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

"We were terrible in so many ways. But we found a way to win." -- Coach A with Craig Way after the game.

• Like Like x 7
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

UConn losing. maybe by the time I check back after watching Scorpion, the game will be over, one way or the other.

3. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Brilliant scheduling.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Go to Radio

5. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

SHUT MY MOUTH :bounce1::yippee::bounce2::bounce1:

• Like Like x 4
  6. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I love...
    1. That we won
    2. That we upset the UConn broadcast
    3. That we won

• Like Like x 7
  7. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

They are HUNGRY for Wins determination, and they have HEART!!

• Like Like x 3
  8. "Anna hook em"

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN

• Like Like x 2
  9. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Any more complaints about the schedule??!!! LOVE that we won this game! Such grit, on the road, top 4 opponent, less than 48 hours rest, just a week out from our most emotional win in years. Yet we found a way. Again. Great job, Horns!!!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I ALWAYS believe we will win...period. This is a very good team. I think to be good you win ugly games like this. We all know we are better than this. Hookem!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

OMG! What a game. Did we end up playing everyone on the bench?

12. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Great Mental toughness.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

We needed a marquee non-conference win. This win accomplishes that. As I said before, we don't win this game in November or December as we weren't playing a high level yet.

• Like Like x 2
  14. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

The bench getting minutes in the season paid off. They kept it together, and ran the offense when they needed to. I'm so PROUD of this team. Heart, Hustle, and come back attitude.

• Like Like x 4
  15. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Now that's how you steal UCONN's thunder! Almost a quarter and a half of their game where you know most people were watching a 2OT game.

Another win over a Top 4 team on the road!

• Like Like x 3
  16. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

YES!

• Like Like x 2
  17. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Hats off to Anna and Malcolm. They knew we were going to win. I didn't have the faith, but I do now.

• Like Like x 3
  18. "Anna hook em"

Ty but like malcom said earlier WE ARE LONGHORN NATION and WE never ever ever give up.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Brooke MCCarty. Brooke. Brooke. Brooke.

She played the ENTIRE game. That girl never got to sit down. Wow. Just Wow.

Horns Up for Brooke :hookem:

• Like Like x 5
  20. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Welcome aboard Joe!!

21. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Glad we have the rest of the week to recover...get legs back

22. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Defense was better than I thought. They shot like 33%. We shot 50%

23. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Way to fight Texas.
    Hookem'

24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Hard to believe, but we ended up winning the rebounding battle 47-45. We were getting pounded on the boards in first half, so no surprise we were down 9 at the break (and it could have been worse).

• Like Like x 2
  25. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Hey, I was in on the "we can do it" too!!! :yippee::hookem2:

• Like Like x 4
  26. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

What a game! Just watched it! Currently watching the Uconn/S.Carolina game and love to hear them still talking about our game! Can't count the times they said with the fireball in McCarty and skill in Atkins it makes it all the better for this Texas team to throw Holmes into this mix. I agree completely! She just puts us over the edge! Hard to believe we get her 3 more more years!!!! So proud of the girls!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  27. breckenj05

breckenj05 100+ Posts

Wow! What an incredible game. This was such an ugly win, but it was a win and I am so proud of how the team finished especially since almost all our bigs fouled out but our subs held it down. Hook 'Em! :hookem: :bevo:

28. geewago

geewago 100+ Posts

One heck of a game. I changed my mind around 6 times on who was going to win. If TX keeps playing with this intensity I feel they will be the surprise of the NCAA tourney.

29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

This game with FSU was scheduled prior to the release of the Big 12 schedule. The announcement of our non-conference schedule was 07/15; the Big 12 schedule wasn't released until 9/1. So, it was the Big 12 who didn't do us any favors when scheduling our games against OU and Baylor right after FSU.

http://www.texassports.com/news/201...6-17-non-conference-schedule.aspx?path=wbball

http://www.texassports.com/news/201...asketball-schedule-announced.aspx?path=wbball

But, maybe it all turns out for the best. If we had Baylor and/or OU in late December or early January, then perhaps we wouldn't have been as ready as we are now in February.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

The national coverage by ESPN2 and the publicity of winning this game is huuuuuuuuge for recruiting.

• Like Like x 2