Freaks and Geeks/Arrested Development

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by HornHawk, Sep 8, 2009.

1. HornHawk

HornHawk 250+ Posts

I can't believe I just now have caught up with these shows for the first time on DVD. Absolutely brilliant, both of them. Both ended way before their prime.

Bonus: The kid that plays Neal on Freaks and Geeks was one of the squad members in Inglourious Basterds.

2. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

Freaks and Geeks was a great show...

My wife bought the DVD set for me about 4 years ago for my birthday.
    Every couple of months we watch them.

One of my favorite scenes of all time is when Bill is watching Gary Shandling.... with "I Am One" playing....
    The Link

3. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I never watched Freaks and Geeks, but I mourn daily about the loss of Arrested Development. And I can't wait for the movie.

4. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

If you like Freaks and Geeks there was another series made by the same people (Apatow?) about college called "Undeclared." I have not seen it myself but its got some of the apatow regulars as did F&G.

5. Hornswaggled

Hornswaggled Guest

Sadly, Undeclared pales in comparison to the brilliance of Freaks and Geeks. I watched the whole series and was underwhelmed. It was amusing at times, and heartwarming, but a bit of a labor of love to watch all the episodes and get through it, even though there aren't very many of them.

6. HatDaddy

HatDaddy 1,000+ Posts

Never liked Arrested Development, but F&G and Undeclared were both funny. Seems like that whole group stayed together and started showing up in every movie.
    That is a beating to me.

7. Ray McKigney

Ray McKigney 25+ Posts

Undeclared is very good. Sure, not as good as F&G or Arrested Development, but how many shows are? The only current network sitcoms that I think are as good as Undeclared are The Office and 30 Rock.

8. elface

elface 250+ Posts

Loudon Wainwright by himself makes a viewing of Undeclared worthwhile.

9. Hornswaggled

Hornswaggled Guest

10. beaVo

beaVo 500+ Posts

F&G was one of the best shows EVER on television.

brilliant writing and acting.