Friends of Loree, please read:

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by PacSER, Apr 8, 2006.

1. PacSER

PacSER 500+ Posts

A Great Longhorn!

Life is too fragile...prayers for all who will miss her..

2. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

I am in shock. I played cards with her twice. Very nice, excitable, animated. Sad news.

Her last post was on Thursday this is sad. Anything can happen in life.[​IMG]

3. 53 Veer Pass

53 Veer Pass 100+ Posts

Did anyone have an inkling? It's totally incomprehensible.

4. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

I don't know, but I was SHOCKED when she didn't post on the poker thread. Usually, even if she's not coming, she would post something. I am cery sad right now. I looked at her last two posts, seems as if she had car troubles familiar to us all.

Anyways, God bless and prayers to her family.

5. Snoop_Dogg

Snoop_Dogg 100+ Posts

6. NWASooner

NWASooner 25+ Posts

As a long time lurker and short time poster, the posts from her that always made me laugh were the ones describing her past dates/boyfriends.

I knew if there was a thread about relationship trouble, Loree would always post a story that would somehow make me laugh.

7. 53 Veer Pass

53 Veer Pass 100+ Posts

I can't get over how someone can seem to have it all and be in the clutches of demons that no one else can see. She talked of things in her life but always with humor, never despair.

8. Woland

Woland 500+ Posts

I knew her only from her posts, but I love people, and I grieve whenever a voice I know disappears from this world.

9. TheRealBizHorn

TheRealBizHorn 25+ Posts

10. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

im in shock. I didnt know her...only reading her thoughts on this board for a long time now. I just tought I saw her post yesterday....now she is gone..Jesus RIP

11. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Melanie was the kind of person that just made you feel better about yourself because she was your friend.

The first time I met her was at a Hornfans tailgate on a very, very hot day. Someone had been giving out these little battery-operated fans, and Loree was using one. She got it too close to her head and her hair got caught in it. She thought it was funny, and we laughed and laughed as my husband liberated her with just a flick of his pocketknife. She joked about her "new hairdo." She called it a "hairdon't."

A beautiful, bright light has left our world and gone to the heavens. God bless you, Melanie Loree.

12. Durkee

Durkee 500+ Posts

I used to give her a hard time (aside from her lack of knowledge about getting around Austin), because anytime a poster on HF or one of the girls at a tailgate or a happy hour was complaining about men, she would say "Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt!" and then go on to give advice to the posters/girls that were having guy problems. Her advice was always pretty damn funny, although a lot of us dudes would try in vain to defend our gender against her. It was useless--she was almost always right!![​IMG]

13. OrangeBlooded

OrangeBlooded 500+ Posts

i am truel shocked by this and at a complete loss for words, which rarely happens. such sadenning news. my thoughts and prayers go to the family and friends.

14. Hogs Smell Good

Hogs Smell Good 25+ Posts

Man, this is my first login in a week, and I didn't expect to see this. I enjoyed her posts on every board on this site.

15. wolfman

wolfman 1,000+ Posts

RIP Loree [​IMG]

16. Texoz

Texoz 1,000+ Posts

Sorry to hear about this.

17. tbone

tbone 250+ Posts

W.T.F.?

I'm just sick.

18. HuffTex

HuffTex < 25 Posts

This is very sad. I was always touched by Loree's self-deprecating sense of humor, because to me there is nothing more endearing....does anyone know where to send official condolences? Not that it matters, but what happened? Never mind...the most important thing is she is in a better place, and most of us are better off for having known her, even if it was just from this BBS. Vaya con Dios, Loree!

19. DrunkenMic

DrunkenMic 25+ Posts

I'm really upset to hear this - I read this earlier today and didn't know what to say. Even now - I'm back from the bars, and I'm not posting drunk (well, THAT drunk) but Loree's been in the back of my mind all night.

I'm not a Longhorn. I never visited Austin until one of my best friends from college moved there a couple years after undergrad. But I fell in love with the town. The friend has moved back but I still take a few weeks a year to visit Austin. And this is from someone who was born and raised as a Jayhawk and has two degrees from the University of Tulsa.

That information may be immaterial but I bring it up now (for the first time on these boards) to demonstrate how much I enjoy UT people and why I identify with them more than many others in my life.

Loree was a part of that. She is on the short list of people who's posts got me reading this board on a regular basis - and eventually posting. I always enjoyed it when she would butt in to make her point and added wisdom that I doubt even she knew that she was dispensing.

Long story short, what I'm saying is that she had an influence on someone that I'm sure she never even knew existed. Loree influenced me. Someone who, at 26, is absolutely convinced they have their **** together.

So all of you - please know that you are important. To someone. Somewhere (and no, I'm not trying to channel Morrissey here). Even if you think nothing of them - your actions influence people.

God bless you Loree. My personal appearances at church ebb and flow, but I had decided Saturday afternoon that I was going for the first time in a month today and then I read about you. No way I'm missing church now. You do matter, and you had an impact. Here's to the comfort of your family, friends, and those coming after you.

20. GTNT

GTNT < 25 Posts

The folks who post on HornFans have become very special to me. Loree provided a refreshing perspective. She will be missed.

[​IMG]

21. RoughneckLivin

RoughneckLivin < 25 Posts

Oh my God. I was having the best weekend ever and now I feel like absolute ****.

It was less than a year ago when Melanie and I went to a couple of Texas Baseball Regional Games together and had a great time. I played with her in a tourney even earlier this year. She was always filled with such enthusiasm and excitement. The life of the party wherever she went.

My heart hurts. It is literally crying out in pain right now.

We will miss you Melanie.

[​IMG]

22. [​IMG]

I only met her a couple of times but always was in good spirits. I'm stunned to hear that she is gone.

[​IMG]

23. LittleHornChick

LittleHornChick 100+ Posts

I spent last weekend with her and had met her a couple of times before. She was so sweet to me, we laughed, she teased me but mostly she just was enjoying herself and smiling. I was in shock when they told me and am so sad. I will miss her... what a great person. prayers...

24. haven

haven 25+ Posts

I didn't know her, but I always enjoyed her posts. She'll be missed.

[​IMG]

25. AhhhCraig

AhhhCraig 100+ Posts

Terribly sad. Didn't know her personally, but I liked her posts. Prayers for her and her loved ones.

26. hullabelew

hullabelew 1,000+ Posts

Some typical Loree quotes that make me smile.

27. campwillben

campwillben 100+ Posts

Thoughts and prayers to her family. So sad.

RIP Melanie [​IMG]

28. Cap33

Cap33 100+ Posts

Wow. I am so saddened by this. I like many of the others, only knew her through her posts. She will be missed.

29. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

Wow. I didn't know her personally but I have been around this site for a while now. She will be missed. The Hornfans community is something special and she was definitely a part of it.

Hook 'em, Melanie [​IMG]

30. BrntOrngBld

BrntOrngBld 25+ Posts

I knew her only through this board, but learned much from her. She will always be considered an important part the lives she touched.

Godspeed to you and yours,
    [​IMG]