Gary Johnson injury

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by DesertDog2K, Mar 14, 2008.

1. DesertDog2K

DesertDog2K 100+ Posts

Didn't look good. Helped off the court and did not return.
    Anyone have any additional updates?

2. BigTEX40

BigTEX40 25+ Posts

We will have to wait for further press coverage to determine that. As a former college basketball player myself, they stick EVERYONE in boots even if it was just the slightest tweak. You may only where it for a day at the most but the boot is just for protective and cautious measures. Whether or not it is serious or not is to be undetermined.

3. Texas Horn fan

Texas Horn fan 25+ Posts

I have to say that whether it is minor or not, I would prefer they just let him sit until the real tourny and give him time to heal. That kid has had a rough year to say the least. Hopefully he will be ready to go when it counts.

4. Crusher X

Crusher X 250+ Posts

5. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

6. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

I'd prefer to see him in street clothes today even if he feels 100%. The downside of him re-tweeking it far outweighs the upside of winning the game.

7. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

Typically, ankles are injured by rotation or bending stresses. An ankle may become destabilized when the stress is great enough to fracture a bone (commonly one of the malleoli) or completely to interrupt at least one (usually more) ligament. I am assuming that the xrays obtained include (as I probably would in deciding whether to clear an acute ankle injury to return) stress views. If these are negative, not only fractures, but also severe (grade III) sprains can pretty much be ruled out.

Minor ankle sprains are painful, but it is not necessarily unsafe to play on them, if the ankle is sufficiently taped or braced. Here is hoping that GJ does well.

8. TheContractor

TheContractor 250+ Posts

Taping is more mental than physical. After about 15 minutes taping is verry much non effective.
    Bracing can help much more if he is to play. But i agree, lets let him sit till we really dance.
    Good Luck GJ! [​IMG]

9. centexorange

centexorange 1,000+ Posts

I am assuming that the xrays obtained include (as I probably would in deciding whether to clear an acute ankle injury to return) stress views.
    As well as an MRI

10. jagdilly69

jagdilly69 100+ Posts

ESPN said on-air that he's out.

11. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

12. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

13. voteforhank

voteforhank 100+ Posts

Tuck your hair up under your hat and go inside to ask him why?