Gary Johnson

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by ShinerTX, Sep 22, 2011.

1. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

"My next door neighbor's two dogs have created more shovel-ready jobs than this President."

[​IMG]

2. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

The joke was better when Rush said the exact same one a few hours earlier that day.

3. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

GJ is quite the maverick. I've liked him for a long time now, but he had no chance back then and has no chance now.

I like his "point system" for working out and diet.

4. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

His deadpan delivery was great. I really like Gary Johnson. I rather wish he had some deep pocket support. [​IMG]

5. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

I think GJ would be ok.

I think Bachmann is a cruel joke. As was Palin.

Romney is quite qualified, but who knows? Perry is a buffoon (as a Pres contender).

I like Huntsman, but he has no chance.

The nominating process has become some sort of bizarre, bastardized beauty pageant, where the voters (in the primaries) tend to be on the fringe; moderates carry little weight. Hence we get the Bachmanns of the world and comments on HPV vaccines causing retardation.

6. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Not unlike 2008 when we got an old confused guy running against a guy that never ran so much as a lemonade stand.

I agree that the process could be much better.

7. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

8. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

Just watched the debate. Lord, Perry is SUCH a buffoon. I think he's getting progressively worse in these forums. Ron Paul did much better, I thought, than he did in the first two. Much more succinct.

I don't even think that he, personally, is religious. I think he is using religion to try to garner support.

Finally, what does it say about our body politic when either Obama or one of these clowns is going to be the next President?

9. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

The process is broken. Why in the world does Iowa and New Hampshire have so much influence anyway. They're relatively irrelevant on any other topic (no offense to the natives).

10. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I put this up awhile ago when he first joined the race and am glad to see him come up again. He is my choice and who is getting my vote at this point. That is not likely to change, but it could, until he bows out. Where he gives his support I will strongly consider following.

He was on NPR's "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" and nailed it. The link is below. If you want some laughs you need to click it. He did so well with it, such charisma.

Gary Johnson on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me

Just click the link and then the radio thingy to launch the player.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts