General Presidential Campaign: Trump vs Hillary

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Isn't incessant liberal whining what brought this about?

2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

And conservatives haven't equally whined about Comey not charging HRC?

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Obama FBI does not respond to complaints by conservatives

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So now whacky liberals are calling for a boycott of LL Bean
    They are so aggy

[​IMG]

5. Seattle Husker

That's the whining I'm talking about. :yippee:

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Can you disprove the statement?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  7. Seattle Husker

Like this or this? Boycotts are the new way to influence companies, haven't you heard?

I don't own any L.L.Bean but would think the "white liberal suburban" demographic is their core customer. I'm not sure if Trump's tweet helps the cause but I could be out of touch and middle America would love to run to their site to buy some workpants.

8. Seattle Husker

What statement? Comey didn't respond to Democrat complaints either or he wouldn't have released that letter in the final days of the election.

Note this is the independent IG that is launching the probe, not Comey. Maybe your beef is with the IG for this investigation, not Comey?

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I dont have a beef with it.
    I hope we learn the truth about the BClinton/Lynch tarmac meeting. I doubt we will, but I can hope.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You always miss the big picture. Amazingly consistent. Here, Trump won and Rs moved on. The incessant post-election whining is one sided. Comey was one of the big scapegoats (because Lord knows, it was not Hillary's fault) prior to be replaced at the dunk tank by the Russians.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Boycotts are aggy

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

15. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

So much for CGI being a legitimate charity. Hillary lost her product so there's nothing left to sell. What about it NJ?

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Russian Hackers are apparently making the Clintons shut down their corrupt Clinton Global Initiatives

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You sticking with this position?

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ok, so, anyway -- the Clinton Global Initiative has laid people off and is shuttering.
    Why?
    Because funding has dried up
    Why?
    Because foreigners quit donating
    Why?
    Because they can no longer buy access to the US Govt through Hillary

It is not complicated. It never was complicated.

This pretty much invalidates everything you said about "CGI" and revealed it as the sham it was. It is also pretty much like you were throwing untruth after untruth. Is your credibility now fair game?

19. Seattle Husker

Without a doubt, I'm sure many of the donations to the Clinton foundation were done in hopes to curry favor with the Clintons. Whether it had an effect or not is up to the FBI to determine. This is why the McMahon's donated $5M to the Trump foundation, right? I doubt they donated with the intention of buying portraits of DJT to hang at his golf courses or paying off his settlements. Hey, it paid off as Ms. McMahon will run the SBA after Friday.

Clearly the Clinton's influence is minimized and any donations to that foundation may be treated with hostility by a Trump administration. That latter point may have as much to do with the CGI's demise as the former. Then again, this could be a reorganization? In the end, 22 people being let go is inconsequential and something that happens in corporate america with regularity.

20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF
    This from your Nj link on the ' unreasonable attacks on Hillary's CGI made me laugh;
    "The foundation does some things that are a bit too cozy for my tastes, but I don't think it is thoroughly corrupt. "
    BTW Clinton originally planned to close this before the election, possibly because they were sure she would win. Wasn't CGI supposed to help Bill ?
    They had already announced 74 people would be laid off.

21. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

So far, yes.

There are two issues that the right complains about -- how the CGI raised money, and what the CGI did with the money. I haven't seen anything that changes my opinion that the CGI's programming is charitable and legitimate. The latest revelation doesn't on that issue at all.

To the extent that there are issues of concern, it is on the fundraising side. As I've said from the start, the relationship between Hillary Clinton, the State Department, the Clinton Foundation (including the CGI), and it's donors is more cozy than I am comfortable with. There are undoubtedly people/companies/countries who donated because they thought it would get them better access at the State Department. Now that Bill and Hillary are both political has-beens, it is thoroughly unsurprising (indeed completely predictable) that fewer donations are rolling in and the CGI is struggling to continue its operations. The latest news doesn't change anything.

And btw, from what I've seen, all of this is based on a filing with the NY department of labor saying that 22 CGI employees are being laid off. Are these the same employees that were already on the chopping block, or additional ones? Are the positions being eliminated or relocated? What percentage of the total workforce does this represent? I don't know the answer to these questions and many others, so speculating about what this may mean is premature.

I suspect more will come out in the coming days/weeks. That "more" may change my opinion, and it may reinforce it. We shall see.

22. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

The only announcement about employees being terminated was if Hillary won the election. There would be no reason to terminate them if she lost, unless..uh...oh yeah, the ability to sell pay-for-play/favors/gubment cheese is now gone! Come on Man!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I looked for SH's thread about O'Keefe/Veritas, but cant find it. Where'd it go?

Anyways, now getting some media confirmation that Project Veritas' infiltration of #DisruptJ20 forced them to abandon their plans

[​IMG]

26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

He can always renounce his homosexuality and his liberalism and try to go back to work for conservatives again.

Link.

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The biggest former of voter fraud will also be the hardest to stop as project Veritas documented. NO proof of citizenship is required. If you check that yes you are entitled to vote when you register there does not seem to be any vetting of that claim. Certainly not by the groups out signing up people at malls etc.

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

After helping to win a presidency, memes are now turning their eyes to winning wars