Gets Me Every Time

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by lostman, May 28, 2012.

1. lostman

lostman 500+ Posts

Watching "Mr. Holland's Opus".

As a mom, Richard Dreyfuss singing/signing "Beautiful Boy" and as a teacher the final scene in the auditorium as he retires. There are a ton more, since I am such a sap.

What scenes get to you every time?

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

The ending of Untamed Heart. Marrisa Tomei, Christian Slater, Rosie Perez star in it. No matter how many times I have watched it I cannot stop the lump in the throat.

I watched The Notebook for the first time a week ago and was somewhat sad for a couple days after. Yeesh, I wish more warning had been given to me about it.

3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Sophie’s Choice. If you’ve seen it you know the scene.

4. NB_LONGHORN

NB_LONGHORN 500+ Posts

Hoosiers- the locker room scene before the last game and the last huddle before the last shot.

Rob Roy-after winning the duel and clearing his debt, he is walking over the rise and sees his home and family again.

Life is Beautiful- selfless sacrifice for the love of his son

lorenzo's oil- if you are a parent, you ask yourself how far you would go for your child.

5. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

field of dreams catch scene

6. 2feathers

2feathers 250+ Posts

Up - the first ten minutes.

Murder In The First - When Kevin Bacon says he would rather die than go back to Alcatraz.

Pay It Forward - After the kid is stabbed and everyone is burning candles outside his house.

Dr. Zhivago - when Yuri sees Lara from the trolley and has a heart attack before he can reach her.

Glory -when the entire regiment dies at the end attacking the beach fort.

7. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Ordinary People -- The final father - son scene.

Gettysburg -- Joshua Chamberlin's speech welcoming the "hardheads" from another Maine regiment.

8. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

The Rookie. Can't help it, that's my hometown and friends.

9. Trusted Insider

Trusted Insider 1,000+ Posts

I love this scene from Life is Beautiful: Buongiorno Principessa!

When I first saw The Champ I think I was 5 years old. It might have been the saddest I'd ever been up to that point: The Champ

10. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

11. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

The last 10 minutes of Gladiator.

The coronation scene from LOTR.

The scene from "The Constant" in Lost where Desmond and Penny talk on the phone.

12. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

13. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Near the end of "Places In The Heart" when Danny Glover gives Sally Field his most prized possesion. Glover's character is a man who's had nothing his whole life but finally found a home. Forced to leave by hate born of stupidity he gives the woman who took him in his mother's handkerchief.

14. Murphy'sBoy

Murphy'sBoy 1,000+ Posts

Shooting Ole Yeller

15. beaVo

beaVo 500+ Posts

when jack black punts baxter off that bridge.