Go Spurs Go!

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by mcbrett, Apr 23, 2012.

1. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

I may be drinking some black and white cool aid, but I really, really like what I see so far. Well rested, healthy and very deep bench. Memphis was a painful series last year, if they do lose a series, i think it is deep in the Conference finals to OKC. I think Chicago is an amazing team as well- they are my favorite to win it all. Miami is a head case, which if they had their act together could and should win it- but often don't, which opens the door for the Chicagos, SAS, and OKC teams to win it.

2. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

As a Mav fan, I could definitely root for the Spurs against the Heat. I'd have to root for Durant in an OKC/SA matchup, though.

3. busterbrown16

busterbrown16 1,000+ Posts

About the only time I would root for the Spurs, is if they faced the Heat in the Finals. I want every team to do everything in their power to keep that team from winning one title (let alone five, six, seven...).

4. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

GO SPURS GO!!!!! GO SPURS GO!!!!!

5. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Wow Buster so much love for the Spurs. I went to their first game in SA and have followed them throught thick and thin. I think they are the classiest team in the league. Go Spurs Go.

6. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Spurs clinch the top seed in the west with a resounding 35 point win over Portland tonight. I believe they have won their last five by an average of 24 points.

7. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

And right now they are tied with Chicago for the best record in the NBA.

8. Third Coast

With that bizarre 2-3-2 format, I'm not so sure it isn't better to be the lower seed team in the finals.

9. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I believe the middle 3 games have been swept by the road team (ie the overall series' home team) more often than by the home team (the overall road team).

10. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

11. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

Aside from the Spurs and the Oklahoma City Durants playing so well this year, I haven't enjoyed an NBA season this much in a long, long time, and this is coming from someone who has preferred college hoops over the NBA for most of my life.

12. busterbrown16

busterbrown16 1,000+ Posts

13. Third Coast

Spurs finish the regular season on a 10 game winning streak and tied with the Bulls for the best record in the NBA.

Chicago must hold tiebreaker though, because they as listed as the #1 overall seed.

14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Chicago beat San Antonio in their only regular season matchup and thus is the overall #1 seed.

15. Third Coast

Rose tears an ACL in game one today. So much for the overall #1 seed.

16. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Anybody else catch ESPN's fail there? After the game ended and they came back from a commercial just to wrap things up, the final montage ended with a CGI scoreboard that said "Utah 91, Phoenix 106".

17. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

I would have liked to see the Spurs beat the Bulls at full strength. Sad to hear about the Rose injury. Now, with the exception of the Heat when they are actually focused, the real championship once again is determined in the West.

PS- is it possible for Magic Johnson to discuss anything besides Kobe and the Lakers when he is on set? I mean I would have settled for 30 seconds of game analysis during the Spurs game- instead it was almost as if the Spurs-Jazz game was interrupting a chat about Kobe and his feelings.

David Stern has to be rooting for the Clippers, otherwise the Spurs most likely 3 rounds are Utah, Memphis and OKC- the other smallest markets around. If Indiana makes it out of the East, I predict David Stern hires strippers for the halftime show to improve the ratings.

18. Third Coast

After re watching the Rose injury in slo mo, it almost seems that there had to be some pre-existing problem with the leg. The knee didn't appear to buckle, or contort at all and that was a move he has made a million times.

I do feel bad for the guy. You just never know about such things.

19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

20. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

Broom time tonight hopefully!!

21. Third Coast

I thought the Spurs would have a let down and Utah would take a game in this series. I really hope I was wrong.

Win tonight and they could get an extended rest. Especially if the Grizzlies tie up the series with the Clippers.

22. Third Coast

The Spurs sure are playing like they want to extend this series late in game four. A 19-2 run by Utah? Are you kidding me?

23. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

Ehh, even for SA it's understandable to let up, but then in the final minute they ended any Utah fantasies.

They look great right now, and on Sports Center this morning one guy already said how cool it would be if LA had both its teams in the Western Finals. So, once again, bring it on media hype! Go Spurs Go!

24. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

I have gotten to where I just ignore ESPN talking heads and even Austin sports radio for downing the Spurs. All they do is win!! No flash! I will take winning anytime and the losers can keep the flash.

25. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

Amen, '93.

26. Third Coast

After putting on a comedy of errors in game 6, the Grizzlies and Clippers head to game 7 and it's still up in the air as to who the Spurs will play next.

I think I would prefer Memphis, as a measure of revenge for last year's debacle in the first round. Also, I don't know if I can take Blake Griffin's pouting, whining and flopping every time someone touches him for four more games.

27. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Griffin is among the worst ever. Seems like the ref's are sending him a message. They are ignoring his I got hit by a mac truck immitation.

28. Third Coast

And the Clippers it is.

Funny that Griffin was on the bench for much of the 2nd half in game 7 and it wasn't due to foul trouble.

29. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

I'm glad the Clips won. Good to see the franchise make it to the second round, they come out of their first round a little hobbled up for the well rested Spurs, and it's a bit more media exposure when the Spurs will trounce them in 5 games [​IMG]

Besides- Memphis is good. They should have won the series, and as we know from last year can present match up issues for SA.

30. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Out of the past 28 games the spurs have won 26 including 15 in a row. Both losses came with the team not playing at full strength. Go Spurs