Goodbye, Bigot

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Perham1, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

From PuffHo:

2. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

You still don't understand what the CFA day was about do you? How sad, how very sad.

3. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Has Snopes weighed in yet? This strikes me as one of those, "Obama ate dogs" stories. Oh wait.....

4. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

CFA day was a golden opportunity for Baptists and other fundamenatlists/literalists to come together and express their belief that their Christian gods condemn homosexuality, causing their followers to post that being gay is deviant, is a mental disorder, is a sin.

It's fine if your gods tell you that. But why should our secular laws be driven by your gods?

5. FridayNiteLites

FridayNiteLites 500+ Posts

Shucks, I thought this post was about Perham telling us he was self deporting... [​IMG]

6. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

7. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

8. majorwhiteapples

Love how you can't even post without calling someone names, you must be desperate to come up with something.

I don't need to explain to you what CFA day was as you already have your flag waving and are calling everyone else a name because you have made a decision and everyone should listen to you because only your opinion matters.

How proud you are of your ways to understand and allow everyone their own opinion. Group think Group think ahahahahahahahahahaahahhahah

9. 77horn

77horn 500+ Posts

10. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

Seems to work with what most of you call ou over on the football board.

But isn't there a defense if it's true?

11. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

12. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

being fat and balding suggests to some that a person's beliefs are what? Using terms which describe the DNA of a person relating to hair and body size as bearing on his credibility or moral worth is suggestive of a mind that is lazy and limited, not that there is anything wrong with that.

People who are bald are, per se, lowlifes and not worthy of consideration. Same for the obese.

ONly fully haired people with slim figures are worthy of conisderation.

As for the CFA fellow, he seems to follow a line of thought that has been persistant and probably the belief of a majority of people in our culture since at least St. Paul. I don't agree with him but can see where he comes from.

His company does make a nice sandwich too.

13. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

14. majorwhiteapples

According to the Politically Correct book that I was given by Bill Clinton calling anybody a name is against the code.

When you divulge to you said a bad name against OU on the football board, that means your tank is empty, you have nothing you have been defeated, Goodbye, you are the Weakest Link!!!!

How sad, how very sad that the one that claims everyone is full of hatred and bigotry just can't help but call people derogatory(sp) names.

I think it sums up their argument pretty well....

15. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

16. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I celebrated CFA day by eating a gay chicken.

[​IMG]

17. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

18. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

My choice? MY CHOICE YOU SAY! You have no idea how difficult life has been because of my gay-chicken-eating orientation. How dare you presume that I would have chosen a destiny such as this.

I feel like a freak sometimes. Oh sure, the straight chickens look ok — I mean, they’re plump and juicy and all, but ... yuk.

[​IMG]

19. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

20. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

21. 77horn

77horn 500+ Posts

22. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

23. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Perham,

So this father isnt allowed to have his own set of feelings and beliefs? He is suppose to just accept his son no matter what?

He has strong religious beliefs. I cannot fault him for that. I cannot say that he is right or wrong, but the father has taken a position, and you say he shouldnt.

Thats not very liberal of you Perham. Thats very conservative and controlling of you.

The idea that everyone must accept everyone else and just deal with it isnt a very liberal concept. Its more an oxymoron. Its symbolizes everything that liberals say they are against....

24. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Guest

Perham,

25. djimaplon

djimaplon 250+ Posts

I avoided CFA that week. Although the sandwich is good, it isn't so good that I was going to waste an hour trying to get one. I would think most of us (the non zealots) realize it's fast food. I went there this weekend and bought an extra sandwich so I could eat it on Sunday.