Grading the Team's Performance-Week 6

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Hpslugga, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

See what happens when the defense shows up during a so-so offensive performance?

I know it was Iowa State, but it's what we needed to see. Didn't care for the lack of explosive plays and scores, but I was glad to see the defense could deal with it (albeit again, this was a hideous offense they faced).

Unfortunately at the moment that's all the "detailed analysis" I can provide as I didn't see a large portion of the game. Will jump back on here after I see a replay.

Though as a former kicker, I have to ask one question: what the f**k are we doing allowing a long kick return against these clowns?

• Like Like x 5
  2. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Significant improvement on defense - and even with a so-so offensive performance, it resulted in a convincing W.

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Yes, good to see the defense finally make their debut.

Offense can't do it all every week.

4. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

It was a strong performance by a more talented team.

5. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Still too many penalties - got to eliminate stupid penalties.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Danny Kanell giving Boo some love on College Football Final

• Like Like x 2
  7. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

At least our DL didn't just try to bull rush right into OL...They actually ran some stunts...Where the heck has that been all year ????

• Like Like x 1
  8. sbmcruise

sbmcruise 100+ Posts

Got to eliminate stupid penalties.

For some reason we have a target on our back with some referees, but we do stupid things too. I watched the game again this morning and agreed with many of the calls. We totally kill some of our drives and give new life to some of theirs. Kris Boyd is a real talent, but also a stupid penalty machine.

9. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

yeah lots of stupid. stupid as in we committed some really stupid penalties. and stupid as an refs made stupid calls.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

This offense getting the exact same score as last week tends to bolster the idea that we normally wouldn't be putting up 40 playing like that. I'm a bit worried that we're going to have a day when the deep ball just isn't working, and then our whole offense is going to be stuck in neutral as the other D stacks the box knowing that 3 yard hitches and outs and wide screens are all the passes they have to worry about. Getting 2 TDs a week from long bombs has been nice, but can we keep that up all year?

On the defensive side, it's just good to finally see some orange. Is Charlie starting to have an effect, or is it just the opposition? Yeah said opposition sucks, but they did put up plenty of points on Okie State and Baylor.

11. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

YES! This was great to see for a change. I hope they keep it up!

• Like Like x 1