Grand Cayman...anyone been there?

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by EJC+1, Mar 15, 2009.

1. EJC+1

EJC+1 250+ Posts

Thinking of booking a 4-5 day trip there. Just looking to relax, swim, snorkel, and chill.

How does it compare to Cancun, Cozumel, or Jamaica?

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Over 150 dive sites within a mile of beach. Southeast corner features the world's third deepest trench (28,000 i believe) if you like to wall dive. There are lesser walls on north and northest side.

Not much nightlife compared to Cancun.

You may want to consider a condo as they are not much if any more than hotels.

As for hotels, Hyatt & Westin are best for money. Avoid the Marriott - beach there is half rock.

I have enjoyed diving with FishEye there as opposed to Desoto, et al. FishEye is small operation on Seven-Mile Beach Road. I think they have 4 boats of varying sizes. Very accomodating.

3. WillWork4Horns

WillWork4Horns 100+ Posts

I spent 8 days there in Oct,liked it so much did 3 more days in Nov. It is a wonderful island. The water is the clearest that I have ever seen and beautiful sand as well. My favorite thing though is it is so safe. You will never get approached by anyone trying to sell you something. I stayed at the Ritz Carlton because I was able to get off season rates. It is by far the nicest resort on the island. The Westin is very nice as well. Go to the Royal Palms on 7 mile beach for live music and a fun crowd!

4. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts