Great 'Team Win'

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by 1leggedduck, Jan 6, 2008.

1. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

That's how RBs described the SMC game. Lots of contribution from a lot of different guys, and we actually had a little depth. We went hoping to see Gary Johnson play a little and he got far more minutes than I expected. The dude has the tools. He is going to bring a lot of strength and ups in the paint. This was a very encouraging way to end the ooc games on a high note.

2. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

It was good to see the defense not get punished for giving up threes.

It was also excellent to see the team not shoot threes well at all, or FTs well, which I know I thought they almost always would do, and still win easily against a good team.

3. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Barnes comments about this team's potential is very encouraging. They are going to be fun to watch - if they can just hit a few more free throws. [​IMG]

4. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I'm still worried about how much the bench can contribute. The minutes are obviously better than last year, but it sure seems like the other stats aren't.

5. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

I think the bench contributions may be largely dependent upon Justin Mason. I hope he can get straightened out. If he can get back to the way he played last year, I think that this team will be dangerous.