Guns,Knives, Leather Coats

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by I_Dont_Exist, Jul 12, 2011.

1. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

My brother recently passed away leaving me his entire estate. I'm hoping to get some information on legitimate businesses in the greater houston area that can give me some idea of their value. I'm happy to read any opinion here but I do need to get an appraisal from someone who's resume suggests they know their business.

One such item is a Colt Python that was made no later than the early 60's and might be from the 50's. It was our dad's and I won't sell it for peanuts. I'd keep it if I had a son to pass it on to, but my daughter despises guns.The original box I've not been able to locate but my brother would have never gotten rid of it. It's a darkish blue with gray or silver markings if that's of any help. Then there's a few rifles that probably don't have a lot of value but they are also from the same time period.

At this time I can't give you the names of any of the 80-100 knives in his collection but a close friend who's a small-time collector told me I could be looking at around 15 thousand dollars worth. As in that's what I should expect to net.

My brother had expensive tastes and he had around thirty leather coats and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if every one of them cost $350 at the very least. Some are probably in the $800 range. I've never been a fan of the polished leather look and for all I know those prices wouldn't be all that expensive.That's why I need the help. Again he had expensive tastes. They were nearly all purchased in the last fifteen years. All are in pristine condition as is the python and all the knives.

2. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I am sorry for your loss.