Hamburgers

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by TH-DCincs, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Holden

Holden 500+ Posts

SA - Chris Madrids is the best I've eaten here.
    Dallas - limited experience - Burger House
    Houston - Otto's. Best Burger anywhere. This place was always packed when my dad took us there.

2. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

Mel's Burger Joint? I've seen it, but never stopped. My sister is the girls JV basketball coach at Cove, so next time I'm up there I'll definitely talk her into trying it out.

Storms in Lampasas is good. Know the kids that work there and get the hook up. [​IMG]

I can't believe someone else said Westgate Lanes. I was thinking the exact thing. They are some greasy goodness. Had one just last Wednesday actually. Still good.

Whataburger has the best fast food burger around. Those are great late at night.

And this thread has made me decide to go get my friend and go to Sandy's. He's not from Austin and it's been forever since I've eaten there.

3. ls20

ls20 < 25 Posts

i went to Huts again last night... got the 5.50$ CHuby(?) + $1.00 Longhorn all-natural beef upgrade.

it had the chili and jalapeno. it was a good burger, but not 7$ good. overrated. id MUCH rather have TWO burger tex burgers [​IMG]

4. DLev

DLev 250+ Posts

The concession stand at Braeburn Little League in Houston was the greatest thing ever.

5. teh

teh 25+ Posts

This is kinda obscure, but the burgers made by Walle at the concession stand at Zaragoza League semi-pro baseball games are the best I have ever had. The field is located off East 7th street. Most of the games are played on weekends in June and July, all day, beginning at 10:00 or so. They're worth the trip.

6. chance johnson

chance johnson 100+ Posts

Dirty's is overrated. I think they charge like 2.29 for 15 tater tots.

Went to Shady Grove last night. Had a Mushroom swiss burger with their green chile sauce. Outstanding.

7. hornhooper

hornhooper 100+ Posts

Dan's Overrated! No Sir! Dan's puts an addicting chemical in their burgers that keeps you coming back for more.

8. Boozehound

Boozehound 250+ Posts

It took burgers to lure me out of the shadows where I've been lurking, but as far as killer burgers are concerned, I've gotta go with:

Houston: Pappas Burger (I know, I know... it's not the same atmosphere of any of the Austin locations, but it's Houston). I'm starting to wonder if it's a coincidence that Pappa's B is right next door to Pappas Steakhouse (rediculously good steak)...

Austin: I've gotta give Huts the nod, but the lines are long and occasionally I've had a dry burger... Burger Tex is pretty good too (or the bulgoki option)... and rounding out the top 3 is probably a three-way tie between Crown, Posse (burgers not fries), and Dirty's.

9. twid

twid 25+ Posts

a burger shouldn't have to have mushrooms, swiss and green chile sauce on it for god's sake.

10. chance johnson

chance johnson 100+ Posts

11. ReyDelSol

ReyDelSol Guest

GM Steakhouse on the south end of the drag was the best.

Extra $ to get a burger without cheese. All you can eat fries.

Still looking for a replacement.

12. BEVO_02

BEVO_02 < 25 Posts

EZ's all the way.....but make sure you order it cooked medium because they'll char your meat if you don't...

13. CaptainEd

CaptainEd 1,000+ Posts

Austin - Thin Burger = Top Notch, Thick Burger = Hut's.

Houston - Otto's, no contest. Goode Co. Taqueria is up there too.

14. PhoneSexHorn

PhoneSexHorn < 25 Posts

Hoover's in SA is on San Pedro about a half-mile south of 410, SE corner of San Pedro and Oblate.

Champ's on I-10 in SA has a great thick burger.

The Waterloo on Burnet must have changed management in the last year or two, cause their burger sucks now.

Mike's Pub is still greatness.

15. UberHorn

UberHorn 25+ Posts

In no particular order Dans, Burger Tex, Huts, Players

16. twid

twid 25+ Posts

i went to hut's last week for the third time in my life, and was again mounmentally disappointed by their hamburgers.

17. Dead Horse

Dead Horse 250+ Posts

Try the Pit Bar B Que on 2222 and Drycreek. Their burger is the best thing on the menu.

18. hornian

hornian 1,000+ Posts

No one's mentioned Fran's? Good stuff, good stuff.

19. sblazer

sblazer 500+ Posts

my ******* backyard grill.

20. AuburnTexas

AuburnTexas 100+ Posts

Ski Shores

21. horniegrl14

horniegrl14 100+ Posts

Hut's and Dirty's are 2 of my favorite places for a burger. They are both pretty good priced, although Hut's is a bit more money, it is still cheaper than fuddruckers.

Dirty's also has some badass milkshakes...mmmm

Hill's also makes some good hamburgers....mainly cause the bun they use.

Chester's in SA town is probably one of the best hamburger places I've been too. They make an awesome chilli cheeseburger.

22. Scooter

Scooter 250+ Posts

I might have been smoking crack when I heard this, but someone told me about a Korean (?) restaurant in Waco that, unbelievably, had incredible hamburgers.

Does anyone know about this place?

23. Scooter

Scooter 250+ Posts

I found out it's called Kitok's. Has anyone been there and can give us a report?

24. LagoHorn

LagoHorn 250+ Posts

There is a new place in Lago Vista, Bam's Roadhouse Grille that has what I consider to be the best burgers in the Austin area. If you are heading to the lake or golf, I highly recommend you give them a try.

25. Skipper

Skipper 100+ Posts

I've been to Kitok's in Waco. Check out the Liplocker and oriental fries. It's west of 35 on 18th.

26. rksg1

rksg1 100+ Posts

There is a place in Round Rock that my parents go to called "Jalapeno Texas".

My parents really like it a lot and say they have some very good burgers.
    Very fresh ingredients cooked to order.

I am not sure of the address (little place, not a big restaurant).

Anyone ever eaten there?

27. rksg1

rksg1 100+ Posts

Just found it today.
    I ate at the place mentioned above "Jalapeno Texas" and it has some pretty damn good food.

Good burgers and I shared some Chicken fried steak with my family and it was great as well.
    Prices are EXTREMELY inexpensive.

It's on Gattis school rd. and it's actually a trailer that sits on the front part of someone's land in front of their house.

Pretty good food, I was impressed.

28. Horny Ringman

Horny Ringman 250+ Posts

Chris Madrid's in San Antonio is hands down the best burger in the state. I'd say that Langford's in Houston, or Pappas Burger are a distant second.

29. WinStreak

WinStreak 25+ Posts

the bun used on "the award winning burger" at The Tavern makes that my favorite burger in austin.

30. HouTexHorn

HouTexHorn < 25 Posts

Carl's Bar-B-Que in Cypress is the ****! Damn good cheeseburgers!