Happy Columbus Day!!!

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Oct 11, 2020.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

2. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Columbus landing on American soil was a huge event in world history. We should all celebrate and be happy. Our lives would all be worse off without it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mona
    Go to a Woke site and post that.:smile1:
    It is like they want to erase everything,

4. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Horns6721, I saw a Facebook post of one of my "friends" that called Trump's Columbus Day declaration as "evil!".

I wanted to comment, but I knew it wouldn't help anything. But such idiocy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You should have replied it was too bad human sacrifice was ended by the white man until abortion was legalized.

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Hot x 1
  6. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Happy Columbus day! For our evil Federal Government, it's a holiday.

7. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

7/32 of me is triggered.

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Can someone remind me what I need to be offended about today

• Hot Hot x 1
  9. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

10. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

11. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

To borrow a term from H. I. McDonough, I'm not saying it was Ozzie and Harriet. It was implied above that it was like Mel Gibson's depiction of the Mayan culture and that was not fully representative either.

12. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Dude, many of the Central American cultures practiced human sacrifice.

13. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The natives found in the eastern north american continent did not. Also, Salem witch trials. So, there's that. If we're going to praise people for finding this place cool. I think it's understood that Christopher Columbus wasn't that guy. Probably like crediting Switzer for the wishbone. Someone did it before him. He just got a lot of credit for doing it.

14. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

The Iroquois were very unique. Most of the tribes were in continual war and torture and rape of each other.

For the epitome of this read about the Commanches who were following in the footsteps of the tribes who did the same to them before.

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

16. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

The number 8. Please change it to 7.

• Like Like x 2
  17. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

If not Columbus in 1492 it would have been some other European dude in 1495 or 1500. People are dumb.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

No, by then the natives would have invented paper, firearms, the wheel, the sail, written language, etc. Note how the left conveniently ignores this.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Don't forget horses. They would have invented horses too.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

And a vaccine for smallpox.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Adoption or Entree

David Scheimann

Of all the North American Indian tribes, the seventeenth-century Iroquois are the most renowned for their cruelty towards other human beings. Scholars know that they ruthlessly tortured war prisoners and that they were cannibals; in the Algonquin tongue the word Mohawk actually means "flesh-eater." There is even a story that the Indians in neighboring Iroquois territory would flee their homes upon sight of just a small band of Mohawks. Ironically, the Iroquois were not alone in these practices. There is ample evidence that most, if not all, of the Indians of northeastern America engaged in cannibalism and torture—there is documentation of the Huron, Neutral, and Algonquin tribes each exhibiting the same behavior. This paper will examine these atrocities, search through several possible explanations, and ultimately reveal that the practices of cannibalism and torture in the Iroquois were actually related.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Cannibalism, torture, and sex slavery were all common in America Indian culture.

The Iroquios did create a federation though where they agreed to end the frequent war and theft. But that probably didn't affect how they treated tribes outside the federation.

23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

That's not a fact that I find when I read up on the issue. But, hey, I'll just leave this to you experts.

24. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Did you know some of the Native American tribes had black slaves?

25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Yes. Some of my Creek ancestors had slaves. That was the custom at the time. It's a far cry from cannibalism. ****** direction this thread took.

One of my Creek ancestors fought Andrew Jackson. Another fought along side Jackson.

26. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

****** direction? People were just trying to point out to you that the indians in the NE were not as peaceful and enlightened as you made them out to be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I didn't claim them to be some peaceful populations. But someone implying that "Indians" were cannibals before being saved by the white man is like someone saying Ohioans were cannibals before agent Starling saved them from Dahmer.

28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Jews were called cannibals by their enemies as well.

29. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Then read something else other than Mad Magazine.

• Funny Funny x 4
  30. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

You are a condescending piece of...work.