Harbaugh or Saban

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by mcbrett, Nov 23, 2013.

1. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

I hear rumors for both. And these rumors are as great for us as they are for any coach whose used rumors of Texas hiring them for a lucrative contract extension.

If you're Saban and you hear the Harbaugh rumor you realize you're not the only game changer as the scope includes the NFL. This affects your salary demands and overall leverage. Perhaps you feel a need to express interest rather than sitting back now.

If you're Harbaugh you already heard the Saban rumor and are aware that Texas is the premier ncaa coaching position, and our school capable of matching NFL salary levels. It makes a switch not only feasible but perhaps attractive.

Let these rumors swirl, the more A level coaches in the mix the better for us.

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I prefer Harbaugh over Saban.

3. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

4. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Yep. Harbaugh .... or Gruden. [​IMG]

5. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

I'd take any of the 3 in a heart beat. All I know is we need a change.

6. guy noir

guy noir 100+ Posts

Give it up, fools !

Saban isn't going to be offered and isn't going to accept.

7. java

java 100+ Posts

I prefer Saban. It is doubtful that Jim Harbaugh is on the market. John Harbaugh coached in college when?

We must offer Saban. He is the undisputed best coach in college football.

Fire away!

8. HornsinHutto

HornsinHutto 100+ Posts

Guy noir- what if he isn't offered but he does accept? I'd put $50 down that you are wrong about at least us offering him. He may not accept but we will offer. If you give me 2-1 odds I'd put another $50 that he accepts.

9. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

"I hope Neil Young will remember, a Southern man don't need him around anyhow."

10. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Remember. Mack has to retire first.

11. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

Agree with java.