Has an Aggie ever called you a 2%'er

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by THEYESOFTXS, Mar 20, 2010.

1. THEYESOFTXS

THEYESOFTXS 100+ Posts

Or have you ever heard that term used? I always assumed that it mean someone that was giving 2% of the required effort / someone who was not really gung ho about whatever was being discussed...

As it turns out - I was wrong.

I just finished this book about Einstein. During the period between WWI and WWI Einstein was a pacifist who advocated the 2% idea... the idea went like this - if there is ever a draft again, if only 2% of the draftees from all nations refused to serve, then the government would be forced to jail a huge amount of people and thus all nations would lose the ability to wage war.

I thought that was interesting.

I dabbled in pacifism once, not in Nam of course.

So the next time an Aggie calls you a 2%'er you'll know what he is talking about - even if he doesn't.

2. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

Alas, I have never be called a 2%er as that is a derogatory expression of fanatical aggy describing another agroid who doesn't surrender to all the cult's weird ways. In fact I shall never be called one.
    [​IMG]

But I have been called a stupid, ******* t-sipper, which I wear loud & proud. No aggy could ever bestow a higher honor than that.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

An aggy called me a 2%er, once. Once.

4. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

I thought only an aggy could be a 2%er.

Isn't that about the right percentage of how many of the aggy fake army guys actually join the real military?

5. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

6. CaptainBevo

CaptainBevo 25+ Posts

7. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I think Aggy's definition of it is that 98% of A&M students are fanatical about their traditions and true-blooded diehards who never leave early, know all the chants, etc ... so you insult another A&M fan's lack of commitment by saying that he's part of the other 2%.

8. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I doubt many aggy 98% er's are aware of Einstein's definition of the term "2%er."
    Like all their cultist lingo, it has its own meaning to them, which even Einstein could never divine, since they defy all known laws of the universe.

9. mackfan1

mackfan1 1,000+ Posts

When directed at a fellow aggy, two-percenter refers to someone who leaves one of their blow-out home losses before the other team's scrubs run out the clock.

When directed at UT fans, I suppose it means a "sip" who puts 2% milk in his tea.

10. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

What's wrong with 2% ? It's a nice middle ground between whole milk and skim milk.

11. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

No, But I have called an aggy a 2%'er! Funny shat...

[​IMG]

12. ImissWallyPryor

ImissWallyPryor 1,000+ Posts

I have on several occasions informed an Aggie that my SIL is an Ag, but that she's a 2%er. That really seems to get under their skin.

13. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

14. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Honestly if an aggy said that to me I would laugh out loud. Most aggy don't know what they are talking about half the time in my experience anyway.

Frankly my dear, I REALLY don't give a damn what any aggy thinks of me.

15. MarylandHorn

MarylandHorn 500+ Posts

Isn't a 2%er the polar opposite to a tshirt fan? I been told that all Texas fans are tshirt fans and that all Texas graduates are the equivalent of 2%ers (which for UT would be more like 98% in the weird denial infused conscience of aggy). Considering my two degrees from the fine institution we all know and love, my fanatical following of all Texas sports, and the 7 years I spent on campus this is a rather ridiculous charge. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that fits this pattern.

16. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

I didn't realize aggy could do the math well enough to figure out what a "2 percenter" really is. By that standard, there is no such thing as 100 percent aggy. By the way, what I've called aggy over the years is a lot worse than 2 percenter.

17. mackfan1

mackfan1 1,000+ Posts

I suppose it could refer to the fact that most UT students graduated in the top 2% of their HS class, and most aggys scored in the 2nd percentile on the SAT. [​IMG]

18. texfight2003

texfight2003 25+ Posts

There is actually an expression in the U.S. Army of 5 percenters. It means the guys who are rated in the top 5% of their piers. The Pentagon watches these guys closely and if they get a bad rating, Uncle wants to know why.
    Before I read this post, I would have been honored to be a two percenter.

19. Y Sanchez

Y Sanchez 250+ Posts

Sitting next to a aggy kid and his date at this years game he makes fun of my $70 Nike UT pullover saying that I am a "t shirt horn who gets his gear from Wal Mart". Little douche is wearing a faded, torn, t-shirt that looks like it came free with a notebook purchase in the school bookstore

20. Y Sanchez

Y Sanchez 250+ Posts

Funniest thing aggy has ever called me took place at this years football game. Goofy nineteen year old kid called me a "tshirt" sip because I was wearing a $70 Nike UT pullover. he was wearing a raggedy *** t shirt that looked like he got it for free at the campus book store because he bought an official aggy pencil.

21. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

Yes, their "T-shirt fan" meme always cracks me up. How quickly they forget during their salad days under Sherrill and Slocum, they had legions of T-shirt aggy fans -- including pretty much every hillbilly and bubba east of I-35 in Texas. Their complaints about "sip T-shirt fans" now is nothing but pure jealousy at its finest on display.

Man, those were some lean years to be a Longhorn fan, though.