Have you shaken the hand of a Sooners fan today?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by libertytxn, Feb 15, 2011.

1. libertytxn

libertytxn 100+ Posts

[​IMG]

4. Oklahoma. Thank them, the rest of the Big 12. A "laughingstock" is certainly too strong, but there would have been noticeable snickers from around the country if Nebraska had won the Big 12 and skated off to the Big Ten with the trophy in hand. But the Sooners climbed out of a 17-0 hole and knocked off the Huskers in Cowboys Stadium in the Big 12 title game. The loss sent the Huskers to the Holiday Bowl, where they self-destructed and faced a coaching overhaul in the offseason, rather than a coronation. If you're a fan of a Big 12 team, you ought to shake the hand of Sooners fans the next time you see them. They saved the league a lot of grief.

From Time to hand out a few Big 12 Valentines on ESPN
    The Link

2. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

I don't give a **** about the Big 12, so no I have not. And I feel pretty good about not having done that. [​IMG]

3. dgnr8

dgnr8 100+ Posts

4. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

Whatever.... [​IMG]

5. Texas Renegade

Texas Renegade 100+ Posts

I'll be honest, I was rooting for OU like crazy. So they beat us and are our most hated rival, I still would rather they win the big12 then NU and Pelini.

6. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

No way. They do that creepy tickle your palm thing when they shake your hand.

7. GabeRocksSocks

GabeRocksSocks 1,000+ Posts

I hate ou. But I have no problem saying I'm damn glad they didn't let NU win the conference.

8. dthree36

dthree36 500+ Posts

uhhhh.... I don't even know what to say about this request. My Answer is Hell NO!!!! Why would I congratulate the Sooners.... Why? I could care less who wins the big12 title unless its Texas.

9. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

10. J D the Obscure

J D the Obscure 250+ Posts

I'd be glad to, but I don't know the way to the trailer park.

11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

f ou 24/7/365

12. Pericles

Pericles 1,000+ Posts

Never shake hands with a sooner.

You never know which one they just used in that little house with the moon on it.

13. DVPMD

DVPMD 500+ Posts

delete thread. ban user.

14. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

You should probably shake the hand of a Texas fan instead. If not for Texas keeping the conference together, OU would be the final and eternal Big 12 Champion.

15. dcc8203

dcc8203 100+ Posts

What DVPMD said.

Never root for OU. Never. Nothing good comes from their success.

So now Stoops has another Big 12 Championship to hold over UT's head.

OP, please surrender your Longhorn card on the way out the door.

16. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Watch your sack.

17. TexasRx

TexasRx 500+ Posts

WTF does a sooner fan have to do with anything??

If anything you should shake Stoops' hand but then you might get puppy blood on you.

18. CottonEyedHorn

CottonEyedHorn 1,000+ Posts

19. HI_McDunnough

HI_McDunnough 500+ Posts

There are zero circumstances by which any true longhorn finds himself ever ******* rooting for Swill U. [​IMG]

20. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

There wouldn't be a strong enough soap for me to wash my hands afterward if I did.

21. smwhorn

smwhorn Guest

i'll admit it. i rooted for blowu to crush Nebraska. f**k them and the horse they rode out on. the way Pellini embarrassed himself and his university for his on screen and sideline behavior?? f**k them and the horse they rode out on. oh wait. i said that already.

22. TexasFan81

TexasFan81 25+ Posts

Ok, yes I was hoping OU would win. I just didn't want Nebraska winning it and leaving.
    As much as I dislike Stoopids, I've always hated Pellini worse. He stands on the sidelines chewing that stupid gum, screaming and acting like a dumbass.

23. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

If your right hand causes you to shake hands with a Sooner, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.