Hawaii tournament

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Ellis21d, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I see Audrey Warren participating in the practice per the clip. At least she can add another body to the mix.

• Like Like x 5
  2. HnH

HnH 100+ Posts

Does anyone know if the NC State game will be streamed anywhere? Not seeing anything on the team websites.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I only see the listen link. Someone asked them on Twitter and they didn't respond so Hopefully they come out with a streaming link tomorrow.

4. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Looks as if only the game against Hawaii will be streamed and that is by the Big West TV network. This tournament is sponsored by the University of Hawaii (they have to fill out their schedule while reducing travel costs and time away from school for their players) and is not one of the major holiday tournaments such as the Paradise Jam or Cancun Challenge.

5. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

:smh::smh::smh::cursing2::cursing2::cursing2:

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Man the NCAA is doing a disservice to WBB. There are good games all weekend that no one can watch. The tourney Baylor is in is stacked and no one can watch that either. Don’t know why one of the multiple ESPN channels will step up.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Yeah. I am paying money to my cable company and another payment to watch games on ESPN+. But people who want can pay "FloHoops" to stream games from the Cancun Challenge, the Paradise Jam (Baylor), the Victoria Invitational and the Puerto Rico Clasico.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

But. But. But they told us the Longhorn Network and the deal with ESPN meant we’d never miss a game. Good thing we blew up the Big 12 for that deal. :whiteflag:

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. HnH

HnH 100+ Posts

Disappointing. Texas is playing a top 12 team and no one gets to watch. WCBB still has a ways to go before coverage is on par with MCBB.

10. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

It might be a good thing no one can watch the games. I’m just worried about Texas keeping it close.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Can anyone tell us where to get it on the radio?

12. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

13. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Halftime
    N.C.State 39
    Texas 32
    C.Taylor with 12 points

14. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

N.C.State 56
    Texas 48
    Going into the 4th Quarter

15. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

4th quarter...total implosion. Can't defend the three, cannot find a basket, getting out-rebounded, and everyone fouling out. That's what happens as Texas finds itself in the Big 12 basement.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I think Texas out rebounded N.C.State 38 to 37.
    Defense was much improved.
    Need more Offense from some player's.
    Hookem'

17. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Actually they kept it close until the end.

18. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

"Keeping it close until the end" should not be the objective of the Horns nor a benchmark for their fans. It sounds so Division IIish.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

We attempted 22 more shots than NC State and lost by double digits. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  20. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

At this time, the Big 12 basement consists of every team except Baylor. I spent some time today going over the Big 12 records. After Baylor, no one in the Big 12 has been impressive. Lots of wins against weak teams usually at home. Mostly losses to the few decent teams played. And, by decent, I mean a Massey rating better than 100. I could probably say 150 or even 200 without much change to the list of "decent".

21. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I have also noticed that the schedules of other Big 12 teams haven't exactly been what one would consider to be "impressive." However, aside from Baylor, I wouldn't exactly call most of their rosters "impressive" either.

Not arguing your point regarding the schedules... just reiterating how disappointing I personally find it that we can't do more with the level of talent on our roster. Each of our starting five, coming out of high school, could have chosen practically any of the top programs in the nation.

• Agree Agree x 4
  22. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Yeah. Texas has played a decent schedule compared to other years. The lack of strength of the conference might be the only thing that helps Texas.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  23. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

We beat them in every category except the most important one --- shooting. Ours sounded miserable on the radio. Glad Celeste Taylor had a good game (according to Kathy Harsten).

24. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Didn’t say it was an objective. But with two minutes left in the fourth we had scored the same in that quarter as NC State. Hence, the clarifying comment to your off the mark comment about the fourth quarter.

25. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

Actually, we were down by 16 at one point, but we did pull out of that hole.

• Like Like x 1
  26. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Sug had a great game. 20+ points and 0 turnovers. Hopefully Lashann will catch her stride as the season goes along.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I stand corrected.

• Like Like x 1
  28. HnH

HnH 100+ Posts

Is anyone else following along with this North Texas game? It's a 1 point game in the 4th quarter. Listening on the radio, apparently they called a tech on a NT player after she took a charge from Collier.

29. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Yep. Blew a 14 point halftime lead. Luckily won by 6. Sounded like we got outhustled in the second half. Got out rebounded by 1. Shot 35% with Holmes going 4-14. Damn this season is gonna be long season. Between football and both basketball teams I’m gonna be bald. Lol

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  30. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Oh my stars

• Like Like x 1