Hear what Rome said about Aggie?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by eddro134, Aug 15, 2011.

1. eddro134

eddro134 < 25 Posts

"Texas A&M is the Snookie of football. They think they are more relevant than they are."

OK so that was an email he read but I found it funny. He also mentioned a few other points about how A&M thought they were in before the SEC accepted them. Plus he mentioned the argument about the SEC not wanting to deal with BIG XII/ESPN legal issues.

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

JT the Brickhead on Fox said some similiar stuff too. Oh aggy, shush and fade away.

3. Longtex

Longtex 100+ Posts

"Son, you need to hush up now. People aren't just gawkin', they're startin' to laugh. If you don't hush up pretty quick, they're gonna quit laughin' and start flingin' poo atcha."

4. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

Colin Cowherd said pretty much the same thing on ESPN radio this morning. Basically, he stated that aggy was a mid-level power in the BIg 12, and would be a lower level team in the SEC. And he said they'd never beat LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Florida or Georgia.

5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

6. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Remember what Ole Miss did to aggy in the Cotton. Aggs have one decent year and now they think they are all that. Well hate to break it to them, but they haven't proven they can beat anyone in the SEC. I hope they go and get their butts kicked. I'd much rather have BYU. At least their fans wouldn't be total jack asses.

7. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

Aggy needs to worry about this year. All of you their conference wins last year could have gone either way if you exclude the Kansas game.

8. UTEX69

UTEX69 250+ Posts

If UT fans really don't care what aggy does, why do they keep talking about them..?

Silence may well be the best brand of contempt

Brand 'em

9. Longtex

Longtex 100+ Posts

10. Puerto Aransas

Puerto Aransas 100+ Posts

11. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

12. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

They are like the battered woman on the tv show, Cops. The police arrive at the trailer to find her outside hiding under the car. She has had it with him. He hits her and he has to go. But when the cops go to take him away she has a change of heart. That or fear sets in.

"No, don't take him away! He only beats me when he is drunk!"

"Ma'am, how often does he drink?"

*pause*

"Every night".

They love the pain and they love the drama.

13. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

I must say that some of the Aggies have pretty big heads for a team that finished in a three-way tie atop a six team division and didn't qualify to represent the division in the conference championship game. No doubt, it was a fun, magical way to end the regular season and they should be somewhat optimistic about this season, but they're no rolling ball of butcher knives.

I have an odd suspicion that SMU is going to take the Aggies to the wall. The Aggies have started very slow while Sherman has been there and SMU has everything to gain in this contest. Oddly, I also think that if SMU wins, it might propel the Aggies into better performance the rest of the season.

Still, some of those fans have a lot of strut over a season where their best victory was over OU but they tout victories (close ones) over a down Texas squad and a Nebraska team whose QB was hurt. They should be happy, but they didn't exactly destroy everything in their path until that path ended in a brick wall called LSU (and, evidently, Ole Miss).

14. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

It's been funny to watch the aggies I have on FB whining about the ESPN conspiracy to keep them down. Granted, I do think ESPN has some vested interest in keeping the Big 12 together, but a lot of the comments seem to reflect a real desire for the Big 12 to express how important A&M is to them and how badly it's going to hurt when they leave. They seem more fixated on what people think of them than what the move will or will not do to their program.

15. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

The aggy friends I have are also proudly showing their colors. Everything they say screams inferiority complex. The more they beat their chest, and try to criticize UT, the more obvious it is they just have the worst case of envy.

16. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Prodigal, as Dan Patrick pointed out today it is just as much in ESPN's interest for aggy to go to the SEC as they have a deal with them as well as the Big 12. If by adding superior teams with an expanding market is something the Big 12 could do then it benefits all networks for the Ags to bolt.