Heat/Mavs

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by wadster, May 31, 2011.

1. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Mavs would rather be gone fishing with Charles and Kenny.

2. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

No pharm, because they are ******* annoying cockdaddies, especially LeBron. Dude is the best player in the NBA but I never saw Jordan act the way he does. He carries himself as if he craves attention so much. It is irritating, esp when he is destroying my team.

3. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

Unbelievable. We have to win this mofo.

4. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

Hey! WNBA promos!

5. Third Coast

this is enough to make a person schizophrenic.

6. Third Coast

Serves the arrogant self immolating heat right. lol

7. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

WTF was Jet thinking leaving a hot shooting Chalmers wide open?

8. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Dirk comes through in the clutch in spite of Terry brain farting. Heat sat on the time instead of running their offense. Prevent defense backfires once again.

9. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

I continue to be impressed with Dirk. They were all over him, and their great D caused he and Terry and Kidd to turn the ******* ball over all night. But he kept battling and scored the last 9 points. He and Terry were clutch down the stretch. Minus the Terry brain fart.

Dirk and Terry have played very average and we now have HC advantage. Have to fell very good about that. Mavs must get 2 of 3 now.

10. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I love Dirk because he keeps on coming. Not a great game, but a great finish.

11. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

12. Third Coast

That 22-5 run to end the game was poetry.

13. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

I love that we have an improbable comeback and ESPN cannot suck off Wade.

14. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

Wade doesn't carry himself like Bron. He's just good and was destroying us. I was annoyed. But no, I don't particularly like him.

15. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

With Wade, I just get tired of the flops. Other then that gotta respect his toughness and his game. He'd play with one limb torn off and still be good. And you could pick the limb.

16. buckhorn

buckhorn 1,000+ Posts

D

Then to the hoop for a couple of high percentage shots. Couple of three-balls.

D

D(irk).

Back to Dallas with HCA.

Go Mavs.

17. Third Coast

there is life after death.

18. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

20. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

21. Third Coast

Flopping has become an "art" in the league. Just about everyone does it, some are better at it than others and the superstars will get the calls more often than not. I'm sure they are coached to flop. That's life in the NBA.

22. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Are Mavs fans suggesting that Dirk doesn't oversell fouls calls as well?

23. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

If you want to know why NBA players flop, just re-watch game 1 - specifically the part where Wade just runs right into Brendan Haywood, who was in the spot way before Wade was and stayed within his own space. Haywood doesn't do the typical "take a charge" move where you fall backwards with style. Because he did instead what actually should be most logical to do in a vacuum - try to recover as quickly as possible from the unavoidable couple of steps he naturally stumbled backwards and keep playing defense - he got hit with a blocking foul. That play to me (along with the ridiculous number of refs who call a hack when a shooter throw his arms into the defender's arm) summarizes a good deal of what's wrong with basketball officiating from middle school all the way up to the professional level. And as long as that's how basketball is called, players are going to have the choice to either flop or not get the call.

24. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Stat, you didn't take the Wade flops far enough. He flops even when there is no contact at all. He's the only guy I have ever seen just fall to the floor and Thurs. was not the first time he's done it. My son who doesn't watch BBall often and has never played picked it up live.

As to Dirk flopping, sorry, post some youtube dude. Dirk focuses too much on what he's trying to do to do the flop crap. Until the last couple of years he complained way too much to the refs and got beat back because he was begging for fouls that never came, but only SA fans have ever accused him of flopping. I've never heard that from any other fan base. Dirk gets a lot of calls, but damn near every play goes through his hands.

25. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Flopping is a subjective term. There are certainly degrees of it. But when acting is involved to either oversell the light contact to draw a whistle then I call it a flop. Dirk does it all the time. The announcers in the OKC series were praising him for it and saying that Durant needed to add that to his game in order to sell the contact more and get to the line more.

It, as Stat said, is just part of today's game. No fan of any team needs to go around with their nose in the air on this issue. All teams do it it to some extent. We have criticized the Spurs, and specifically Ginobili, for doing this for years now. Perhaps it is just some Dallas fans that arne't looking in the mirror on this one.

26. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

27. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

My view is that if the refs were not so gullible by calling fouls when there are flops, then magically players would quit doing it. They are the true source of the problem

28. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

29. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

30. Pitter09

Pitter09 250+ Posts

wadster, your obsession about the league's officiating relative to the poor Mavs had reached a comedic level long ago. But watching you try to seriously argue that the technique of "flopping" or exaggerating contact to draw a foul call is never used by Dirk is purely breathtaking to behold. Good luck with those refs the rest of the series. I look forward to your future posts about the conspiracy against Mark Cuban and the Maverick organization. Funny stuff.