Heavy weather pics from the Ike

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Dr Fear, May 6, 2008.

1. Dr Fear

Dr Fear 500+ Posts

My cousin just sent me these pics. They are from the Eisenhower.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

Cool. Has that PBS series about life aboard a carrier begun running?

3. Fightin' Horn II

Fightin' Horn II 500+ Posts

[​IMG]

I always wanted to be a Naval fighter pilot. Turned out I am color blind to reds and greens. Ended up in the Marine Corps infantry. F'ing color tests. [​IMG]

4. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

Well, they saved you the embarrassment of shooting down our green planes. [​IMG]

5. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts

God bless them.

[​IMG]

6. HoosierHorn

HoosierHorn 500+ Posts

7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Dr Fear
    thank you for sharing.
    Where so we get these fine wonderful people who are willing to do this for us?
    Bless them

and better them than me out there. [​IMG]

8. HornsInTheHouse

HornsInTheHouse 500+ Posts

Great pictures! Our carriers have flight ops around the clock in nearly all weather conditions, right? AWACs coverage at the minimum. I guess if it's in the middle of the Pacific or Atlantic this isn't necessary and ship radar would suffice.

9. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

In the second photo, there's over $500 million worth of aircraft on the flightdeck... coolness.

10. SenateHorn

SenateHorn 250+ Posts

ZZZZ,

Yes and it was a great series. My brother served on a carrier and said they portrayed it well. However, he did say that "those shits have it much better than we did, big screen TVs, large workout rooms, phones everywhere - we had one phone we could use on the entire carrier."

Great pics by the way.

11. Frogstyle

Frogstyle 25+ Posts

Back then we had alcohol and fat chicks to keep morale and order. The fatter the better. I have no shame.

May well have been in the last bumper crop of proper shellbacks. Those shits don’t know what they missed. hAha

12. BernOrange

BernOrange 500+ Posts

Cool pics. Thanks for sharing them.

I'd hate to be taking off or landing in those conditions!

13. Ag with kids

Ag with kids 2,500+ Posts

14. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

My vision is ******* incredible. I'm getting way old and my eyes STILL kick ***. Colors, distances, todos!

My dad would always comment on how good my eyes are and that I could be a pilot. The thing is that I don't like rollercoasters and never had the stomach for them. I thought "No way could I do that 'Top Gun' **** like Mav." Now I kind of wish I had looked into it.

I guess I just have to live vicariously through a friend who did all of that Navy fighter pilot **** and dropped oodles of bombs on Iraq. Bombed the ************* **** out of those *******!

[​IMG]