High School Reunion

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Mrs.Macanudo, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Mrs.Macanudo

Mrs.Macanudo 25+ Posts

Are you serious? Have you seen the ads for this show about, I dunno.....10 people who return to a house in Hawaii to have their mini "high school reunion"?

You would have to pay me A BILLION dollars to go back to high school....and I, to a certain extent, in a very smart, athletic girl with a college boyfriend kind of way, had decent status.

I will never understand the desire some have for fame.

2. baboso

baboso 250+ Posts

Wait a minute now, was that college boyfriend our own Macanudo? He was in college and dating a high school girl? Heh, heh, heh.

3. HatDaddy

HatDaddy 1,000+ Posts

They did this show a few years ago with a class from Round Rock. Buddy of mine was asked to be on that show, but just as Mrs. Mac said...HELL NO!

4. bobtheking

bobtheking 100+ Posts

Guess y'all had a bad high school experience. I love my high school friends that I still keep in touch with.

5. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

i graduated in 1992 and haven't talked to all except 5 of them for years.

6. Beamwalker

Beamwalker 250+ Posts

This show looks miserable. How can they just have nothing to do where they can drop it and be on some stupid show?

7. Beamwalker

Beamwalker 250+ Posts

Yeah, most reality tv is I've heard. I know some girls that were on one of those mtv shows and they were pretty much told what to do.

8. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

i would nver go to my hihg scholl reuniopn. fukc those people. is i careed about ehm i 'd talk to them already

9. Mrs.Macanudo

Mrs.Macanudo 25+ Posts

Okay...someone needs to cut Hayden off.....

Yeah, Mac graduated before me.....but I was hot as hell, so he maintained status at UT no prob.....

I liked highschool.....I did really freak'n well there......but you would have to pay me to go back.....

Back to college at UT? (regular college, not this grad school crap at UW)....two seconds.....free of charge. [​IMG]

10. NCAAFBALLROX

NCAAFBALLROX 1,000+ Posts

I wouldn't do a reality show, but I would spend all kinds of time with my peeps from back in tha day.

The problem with reality shows is they don't want to see good times, only drama & a build up to more drama.

Case in point: I have a buddy who's a saddle builder here in Austin. Capitol Saddlery & Boots.

A&E or Discovery or whoever has all the reality shows like "Boyd's Hot Rod Shop" & "American Chopper" came to them about doing a show.

I explained to my buddy that he needs to get into the idea that they don't want to know about the esoteric-ness of a saddle, don't really give a **** about what stamping tools he uses to make an acorn in a flat piece of leather, don't care about how long they've been making spur straps for the UT Silver Spurs or Cowboys...

They want to see drunk frat guys come in & pay for their spur straps, they want to see Mike ***** out the boot guy for being 1 week late on the Governor's shoes, want to see someone come in with a golf bag & beg 'n plead for them to do a repair all the while there's a sign in 6" tall letters that says "NO GOLF BAGS"...

They don't give a **** about the nuts 'n bolts, they want to see the drama.

f**k that ****.

I'm married... I don't need any more drama in my life.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

12. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

13. KC-97HORN

KC-97HORN 500+ Posts

I have had 1 conversation with 1 person from my 1993 class since the summer I graduated.

Not really interested in talking to anyone else.

And i agree, Hayden, that was some authentic frontier gibberish you posted at 12:37am.....

14. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

15. bularry

bularry 250+ Posts

i saw previews for this show, and gotta admit, it looks dynamite.

I think its an interesting social experiment

16. BillyW

BillyW 500+ Posts

Its been a long time since I have been as tired of a commercial as I am that one. TVLand runs it every 2 seconds

17. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

I had a lot of fun in high school. I basically played golf every day.

18. baboso

baboso 250+ Posts

19. William Cannon

William Cannon 250+ Posts

20. Viper Daimao

Viper Daimao 100+ Posts

mac had his very own jailbait.

I have a couple of hs friends i keep in touch with, even one I went out with recently. Facebook also makes them easy to keep up with.

21. rage-a-holic

rage-a-holic 250+ Posts

I had that Cheryl chick in 2 of my classes. I was a soph. and she was a senior. She was ******* hot and hasn't aged too bad.

DMN link

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

I'm trying to remember the last time I talked to someone from my graduating class. It was at least 6 years ago and maybe closer to 8.

23. rage-a-holic

rage-a-holic 250+ Posts

I got alerted to this thread by a HS/College buddy. And that girls name is Cheryl Lynn Cave.

24. Naldadoo

Naldadoo 25+ Posts

25. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

26. William Cannon

William Cannon 250+ Posts

In reply to:

27. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

28. Naldadoo

Naldadoo 25+ Posts

29. NCAAFBALLROX

NCAAFBALLROX 1,000+ Posts

30. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

Have been to numerous high school reunions and enjoyed them, but I wouldn't do a reality show about it.