High School Reunion

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Mrs.Macanudo, Mar 3, 2008.

1. hullabelew

hullabelew 1,000+ Posts

In 2000, I went to my wife's 20th year reunion at a Catholic HS in Omaha. I think they had 400 people in their graduating class. I had only met 3 of them before the night.

As we pull into the parking the first car we see is a 1980 Z-28, complete with t-tops. It looked like it had just rolled off of the showroom floor. At that point, my goal was to identify the owner.

When I walked in the door, the first guy I see is one of the 3 people I knew. He looked at me with a knowing nod and said "Have you figured out who is driving the Z"? We had only met briefly before, but he apparently knew what I was up to. I said, "gimme 5 minutes".

I stopped at the bar, made one lap around the room and I spotted him. Mullet in tact, wearing a silk, button down shirt and a pair of white cheap-hotel-shorts*. I went back to my buddy and pointed him out. CONFIRMED. I then said, "Let me guess. Worked in a local grocery store and bought the Z28 within 1 week of graduating high school. Still works there?" He said "Yes, assistant manager".

* No ball room.

2. kangsta

kangsta 500+ Posts

I'd love to go to my HS reunion. Think of all the freshman girls you could hook up with

3. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

I was graduated with hundreds of others, no longer live in the same area, and have not spoken with a member of my class in over a decade. My wife went to a very small school not far from here (where her mom still teaches). We will be skipping my 20th and hosting her 10th next fall.

4. Bluff Horn

Bluff Horn 250+ Posts

watched a little of the Round Rock show. Pretty funny, except for the annoying chick who wanted to get back with her ex-husband.

High school was fun, reunions were fun. I look back on it as a good time in my life where I had good friends and few responsibilities. My HS years were filled with fun and sex, not angst

5. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Graduating HS is like leaving a job for a better one. You liked some people and couldn't stand some, but once you leave it is done. You may have a couple people you keep in touch with but as your life goes on you make new friends.

Reunions are fun because you get to see some of the people you hoped or thought would be miserable in life and in my case I was very satisfied.

6. tropheus

tropheus 1,000+ Posts

I graduated 93 from RRHS and that show was horrible I could only watch about 2.5 episodes. I had decent status as a member of pretty much every group -- athlete, AP/honors, slacker, party crowd, other stuff (and knew each of cast members while in school, some better than others). And I've done extremely well since then and there is no way I wanted to go to my 10 year. I won't go to my 20 or 50 year either. just silly.

7. A. BETTIK

A. BETTIK 1,000+ Posts

I'm quite content to have a High School reunion once or twice a year by means of dreaming.

Some dreams are nightmares ( having graduated fom UT and for some reason still taking classes at old HS ) and some are well... better than reality shall I say ( walks with old love interest down a street hand in hand in the exalted light of a golden sunset etc.).

They have added on to my old HS and I've dreamt of walking through the gift shop in it.

In the most recent dream-reunion, I was aware a shuttle launch was about to take place at the north end of campus and I was outside. I ran inside, down the hall and into the chapel where the giftshop should have been. Once inside the south end of the chapel I turned and gazed at the stained glass wall on the north side as a thunderous vibration shook the floor. As the stained glass lit up brilliantly from the shuttle's rockets, I grew alarmed that the window might give way and so I ducked behind some chairs. As the shuttle rose I could see it's silhouette against the stained glass. Once the vibrations diminished I ran outside to watch the shuttle ascend slower than it should on a plume of smoke. The dream then began to break down after that.

Yeah, forget the reality show, I want to see reenactments of people's dreams about their old HS.

8. crayon1973

crayon1973 500+ Posts

I graduated in '92 and I'm still in regular contact with maybe 4-5 people and I maintain SOME contact with another 10 or so. But I'm kind of an ******* so I really need to hold on to anyone who will actually be friends with me.

9. shorty

shorty 250+ Posts

I watched a couple of episodes of this season's show and have a couple of comments.

WTF is wrong with Steve seeing Lana when Mike had already kicked her to the curb and the divorce was final. No you do not go after your best friend's girl/wife, but when the divorce papers are signed and final they are free game.

Mike is more of a drama queen than Lana ever thought of being. At least on the show she is.

OMG, Steve is a hottie. He needs to grow a pair and tell Mike and rest to f-off. He especially need to tell Mike to f-off. Mike's only interest is Lana is to make her miserable, act like he is still in junior high, and whine like a little girl about Lana. Grow up Mike. You did not want her and she is gone.

Did I say Steve is a hot, hot, hottie?

10. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

My fantasy football league is made up of guys from high school. We get together once a year for our draft. Right now it is about 9/10 from our class and the rest from the class below. (One guy repeated a year.) Since the graudating class was 70 guys, we have a pretty large representation of a class reunion every year.

Most of us have been in each other's weddings. Nearly all of us have been to each other's weddings. A couple of the guys I've known since kindergarten.

I'd go back to high school in a second. I'd be younger, I'd have hair, and I would get all A's. Plus I would know what I needed to work on in Soccer and Pole Vaulting (or maybe I'd go all out for tennis). I'd understand the female mind better... and their insecurities, and I'd have a blast. (Plus I would get into a better school, though that school would have the same athletic prowess.)

But yes, these shows are about drama. They should be about comedy, but they're about drama.

[​IMG]

11. TexTenn

TexTenn 25+ Posts

12. TexTenn

TexTenn 25+ Posts