Holton Hill out for the season

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Driver 8, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Team rules violation

2. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

3. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Dad Gum.

4. The Eyes of Texas

The Eyes of Texas 500+ Posts

Really didn't need to see this today

• Like Like x 2
  5. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Just when things start looking up with possibly getting some OL back we lose our best DB. Unbelievable how stupid these guys can be sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

******************************************:cursing2:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Desperado

Desperado 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Dang.

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Suspended but allowed to practice with the team?

You screwed up, go sit in the corner for a ten minute timeout, BUT remember that we covered your *** with the NFL when they came around trying to decide 1st round or 4th round. You will make yourself available for "bumps" during recruiting.

10. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Gotta be pretty bad to get cut for the rest of the season. Drugs or he beat up a chick or something. This is not for missing a meeting.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Well, I hope the dumb **** learns something valuable due to this situation.

• Like Like x 1
  12. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Good. He's one of our top players. This isn't ou, a&m, Bama, etc. Glad TH has the stones to do this and set an example and not be a "Whatever it takes to win" and turn a blind eye coach.

• Like Like x 10
  13. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

I always am curious when the mysterious "violation of team rules" gets mentioned....I want to say something like "soooooo can I get a list of the team rules, and I'll read each one and you say yes or no as I read them off?"....

• Like Like x 2
  14. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

OTOH ... now is a perfect time to do that. probably not making a bowl anyway nothing really on the line.

I'm not saying Herman wouldn't have made the same decision the week of USC or OU ... but "the stones" is a bit strong given the likely result of this season.

In any case, I hope it works ... not only for Hill but for the rest of those who have their behinds wiped by tutors.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I bet he cursed out Beck, but Herman would have none of that crazy stuff.

16. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

Here is the part of the article that is the most depressing:

Herman said the only two players that NFL scouts have inquired about are linebacker Malik Jefferson and tackle Connor Williams.

What a sad testament regarding this current group of players.

17. 806 Horn

806 Horn 25+ Posts

18. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if he did say some sh-- to an offensive player or coach; or bad mouth (talk behind the back) of an offensive player or coach.

Perhaps blaming someone on that side of the ball for losses would be understandable, but saying it out loud would be unacceptable. Especially if it caused shouting or worse in the locker room.

Oh well, this is a place where all guesses are allowed. And this is purely a guess.

• Like Like x 2
  19. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Really, really, not the news we need. Whatever it was it had to have been bad. Way to help out the team there... o_O

• Like Like x 1
  20. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

it can't have anything to do with an arrestable offense or academic dishonesty because those would be enough to kick him off the team no practice perhaps kicked out of UT. So maybe it is something regarding "team spirit"......

• Like Like x 3
  21. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

22. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Com'on Holton. Your better than that! Hope you learn from this and stay on the team next year. You were my favorite DB to watch. Keep fighting and prove yourself worthy to be on the team next year!

• Like Like x 1
  23. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Losing Holton will make a difference in the games at WV and TTU. This could cost us either or both of those games. We will need all hands on deck to outscore ttu and wvu.

24. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Well, for me, a horn fan who is desperate for a win, I mean wins, I am very upset about this for the reason I stated above. Hill is play maker and a difference maker. He was our best pass defender, imho, and losing him damages our chances of beating ttu and wvu.
    Ouch, this hurts. :brickwall: :facepalm:

• Like Like x 4
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  26. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Generally drugs in these circumstances. We should have a program to get kids treatment if it is drugs. Too easy to get and sure will screw you up later in life.

27. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

These guys need to get the message that drugs are not only bad for your health, they are bad for your career.

• Like Like x 1
  28. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Could it be something that wasn’t criminal but that made him ineligible? I.e., that playing him isn’t an option?

29. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Could be anything but it's interesting they are letting him practice. Could be that it is something he was repeatedly warned about versus one big bang of an event (like hitting a woman or something). Maybe it was class attendance. Hopefully it's not frowned upon contact with boosters or agent's runners.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  30. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

We'll never know, hopefully, but I want to believe he would have done this if were 8-1, 7-2 or whatever and in contention for something good.

• Like Like x 2