Holy Hell Batman It's the Oscars!

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Monahorns, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Not watching but this just popped on Twitter. What the hell?

Will Smith is broken.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Black on black crime!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What's funny is that Chris Rock kept smiling and chuckling after he got smacked.

4. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Hot Hot x 1
  5. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Will Smith is such a caricature of all his personas. Rock should have pressed charges, but he knows how much everyone hates him.

6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Some people are suggesting that it's staged. Others are commending Smith for sticking up for his wife. Ordinarily, I'd be sympathetic to that sentiment, but if you're sharing your wife with other dudes, the whole honor element loses a lot of its luster.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

My theory is that it was staged because otherwise why would anyone hire Chris Rock to do something

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Yeah its hard to tell. Easily could have been staged to give the Oscar's more attention. Ratings have sucked the last couple of years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hideo Gump Jr.

Hideo Gump Jr. Summer Soldier and Sunshine Patriot

• Funny Funny x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 3
  10. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

11. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I stand with Chris Rock on this one. If you have something to say to someone about this you say in private. I thought he was the adult in the room. Will Smith is cringy.

If you need to see how good Chris Rock can be watch the season he did with Fargo. Very GOOD.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Chris Rock is awesome. His standup has been great for 25 years. I saw him live in Dallas during the "Black Ambition" tour in '03 or '04 - took my parents and they loved it. He's funny in his movies. Everybody Hates Chris was a great TV show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I don’t know exactly what was said but apparently he insulted Smith’s wife. I think once you do that then there may be consequences and you’re on your own at that point.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I disagree. A. Some other guy is giving it to his wife. So, it's the equivalent of Baylor fans giving OU fans crap for hiring Briles son in law who is an OU grad. Baylor fans need to sit out discussing moral issues with coaches. B. They are public figures in Hollywood. They're gonna get a little ****. It would be like me getting pissy everytime some longhorn gives me hell on hornfans. "educate" him after the show in private.

15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Maybe will was a Frank Costanza disciple:

17. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Jesse Smollett should of hired Will Smith.

Truthfully I could care less.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

It was as staged as any ***** hat wearing woke woman crying about Trump on camera

• Hot Hot x 1
  20. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Sounds as though it was well worth missing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to do without

- some wise person

22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Frankly, even when I was broke-*** poor, I could do without the Oscars. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Pity, I missed that train wreck last evening....o_O

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  24. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

I'll be honest. I first watched the clip with no context and laughed. I thought it'd be a fist though. Dude on dude violence is usually punches, no?

• Like Like x 2
  25. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Chris Rock kept his cool and clearly was the “winner” if there was one in that mess. I’ve always thought Smith was a pompous ***. He just confirmed it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep. A guy ordinarily doesn't slap another guy. It's sissy. The guy who's slapping looks wimpier than the guy being slapped.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Will Smith to me always is Will Smith playing a part. He molds the part to himself, not the part. His egomania and cocky demeanor is always there. There's no nuance. Some of his movies are entertaining but Academy Award? I don't think so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

The funny thing is Smith laughed at the joke! I guess Jada set him straight and then he had to go "defend her honor". He just came across as a whipped cuck.

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

That's what it looked like to me. I even think there's a chance the slap was staged or else Chris has excellent reflexes.

It could have been a joke that blew up in their faces. They have ego enough to elevate themselves above the Oscars but then, the Oscars have been crawling in the mud for years anyway, so whatever was once sacred is now merely a vehicle for the egomaniacs.

30. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

That movie’s opening weekend box office was $5 million. Prior to the Oscars, it’s WW box office was $38 million. Nobody but the Academy watched it. Now with all the hoopla, it might make back it’s $50 mil budget ($40 million to Smith). He made a stink when he didn’t win an Oscar for his last movie. I think he’s got Hollywood scared he’ll sick BLM on them if they don’t kowtow.

Now the Academy is going to “investigate” the slapping. That’s like the NCAA investigating Ohio St or USC, You know nothing will come from it. They’ll probably pin a medal on him.

• Agree Agree x 3