Horn Fans Meet up at the Spring Game

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by WorsterMan, Apr 15, 2018.

1. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

OK, then what monsoon game was I at in 2000? I know there was one as that's when my rain-resistant duster failed and I left it at a HF tailgate later that night. Retrieved it from Longhorngirlie the following home tailgate.

2. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  3. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

I am busy this weekend with ..... But I would like to host a party for an away game.
    I have a venue in Houston to watch the game in the Heights.

• Like Like x 1
  4. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

My Internet searches for Austin weather forecasts on Sat. still call for 100% chance of rain... anyone in the greater Austin area have more positive info on the weather around game time at 6:30 pm?

Anyone that finds information / updates in cyberspace from TH about alternative game plans, please update HF today and or into the morning Sat. - thanks!

5. WorsterMan

Per Joe Fan: Brian Davis alert: UT Spring Game is set in stone for 6:30 PM Sat.

So it's on - rain or shine ya'll - be brave, be there and bring your burnt orange poncho!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  6. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Ya'll promise not to laugh if my toupee goes flying through the goals posts?

• Like Like x 4
  7. WorsterMan

Some good news about the rain...weatherman i watched showed diminished rain chances around game time. Most of the rain should be late morning and afternoon.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Yep! Sounds like diminished chance of strong storms in the afternoon with mostly rain or light showers moving out by late afternoon. Slight chance of scattered light rain throughout the night.

9. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Oh, I’m already laughing ...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 1
  11. WorsterMan

I'm at Scholtz's to stretch and limber up before the game. It is dry now... no rain so far. See many of you at DKR about 5:30 west side alumnni center!!!

:beertoast::hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Vol Horn 4 Life

We may be a little late....very busy at work so if I dont make the 5:45 departure time I'll text or give you a call to get the section.

13. WorsterMan

NP! Call me - anyone - to find the section row we are sitting. Call twice if I don't answer - I'm sorta old and it will be noisy thanks to Godzillatron!

14. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Look forward to reports on how the team looks, if anyone didn't have too many at Sholz's haha.

• Like Like x 2
  15. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Started out at 12:30, made it about 5 Miles. Car issues, went to my mechanic. Part not in stock, but found one, finally came in, installed....paid and pulled out at 5:15. Dang!! Went to store, bought beer, and watching on LHN. What crap day!

• Like Like x 5
  16. Vol Horn 4 Life

Yep, it's an absolutely beautiful day for a spring game. :hookem::hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  17. WorsterMan

Sorry Joe!!

Texanne El Sapo vol horn4 life here so far with significant others. LHC not here yet!

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  18. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

You guys enjoy! I’m Watching on tv

19. Vol Horn 4 Life

First punt goes for 59 yards!!! A thing of beauty I tell ya.

• Like Like x 1
  20. WorsterMan

OL keeping Shane and Sam from having to run for their lives.

Johnson having a HUGE afternoon so far.

• Like Like x 2
  21. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

That TD catch was beautiful!

• Like Like x 1
  22. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Thanks for updates! Wish I could be there with you guys. :hookem:

23. WorsterMan

We miss you Dion, sun is out, beer is cold, co-eds are young, and Horns are winning. We are talking about you, LHC and Sangre Naranjava, Bevo Joe not being here!

• Like Like x 1
  24. WorsterMan

Random thoughts...

Lil Jordan and Leito looking good.

We could still use Hemphill Mapps...

Impressed few fumbles and penalties... SO far.

Sam's passing better IMO. Shane' s arm strength better...

• Like Like x 1
  25. Vol Horn 4 Life

:hookem::hookem::hookem:

26. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

My quick take. Defense impressive players Roach, Hagar, Boyd, Omenihu. Secondary played well, concerned with the open receivers.

Offense; the back up QBs much better than I expected and competitive. Shane missed a wide open Burt twice going deep, But Burt also dropped an easy pass. Duverney had a nice catch deep, with 2 defenders in tight coverage. Johnson and LJH had great nights. Ellinger prtected the ball very well. Young averaged 5yd per carry. Carter had onl 2.5 on 10 touches. New punter had some monster kicks, but there wasn’t much rush. Rowland had a 50yd FG, Nagar missed a 40 yarder. Oline better, but not there yet. Whoever 71 at RT is, Hagar breasted him every time pushing him almost into the QB. Still lots of work to do and we can expect improvement on both sides of the ball when all the guys who sat out are back in action.

That’s all for now. I recorded the scrimmage and will watch again.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Vol Horn 4 Life

Worster, thanks for organizing the meet up again and for the rosters you brought for us. I really appreciate it!!

After the autograph session we went to Dirty Martin's for a late dinner. Guess what was on the counter for customers to peruse? A 60 cent copy of a December 14, 1970 SI with a pic of Worster and "Woo Woo Worster on a Rampage" on the cover as "Texas Slaughters Arkansas". I thought, oh what a fitting end to the night.

I'd post a pic if I knew how....

• Like Like x 1
  28. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Brennan Eagles is enormous. Cameron Rising has a great arm. Kris Boyd and LJH were really good, of course. BJ Foster is a player. Durst looked good, and apparently he’s a walk-on?

• Like Like x 3
  29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yes, Durst is a walk-on via Tartleton St.

• Like Like x 1
  30. WorsterMan

Thanks! Key question of the evening: did your daughter get autograph and photo with Buechel after the game?

• Like Like x 1