Horns at Baylor

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Wishbonemac, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

I'm not sure when we last played 3 ranked teams in a row, I sure can't wait to see if we can hit the trifecta. There's still some tickets left and the roads have been plowed so lets show up in force!

I'm predicting:
    a close game and a victory for the good guys
    one of the Freshmen will have a career high.

The Baylor Temperance Clubs (men's and women's) will be at the game and have promised to join us at the Dancing Bear after the game. They get to let loose once a year, as long as they confess their sins twice the next day, so that should be fun.

I'm going to keep an eye on Brady Heirlip tomorrow and try to figure out why he does this all the time:
    The Link

It must be a Canadian thing.

Art Briles made the football team run to Central Florida and back and they're supposed to run through the Ferret Center at halftime on the final leg of their journey.

George's opens at 6:30AM tomorrow morning, there's nothing like a couple of Big O's at 9:00 in the morning with their Liver & Onions. (voted #1 in Waco!)

30 minutes after sunset, me and some buds from Iron Workers Local 482 are going to visit the new stadium and make a few "adjustments".

2. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

Heslip does that because he is a 3-point shooter.

3. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Baylor is going to come out of their slump sooner, or later. I just hope it's next week.

4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Baylor big man getting owned in the paint and resorting to flopping; thankfully the refs aren't falling for it.

5. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

The reds are going to foul everyone out. Need to let them play a little

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Neither team has hit a 3 pointer yet.

7. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

Zebras are in love with their whistles today. 25 fouls so far - quite a few the ticky/tack variety.

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Ok now we've hit a three. [​IMG]

Glad that I reverse-jinxed us but not Baylor. [​IMG]

9. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

Baylor shot 21 free throws in a half that has to be close to some kind of record. We should be up by double digits. Screw these zebras

10. Third Coast

The foul calls look pretty even to me, there's just too many of them.

11. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

Was outside doing some stuff and missed the 1st half. From the comments above and the box score on ESPN, seems I didn't miss much except a lot of fouls.

12. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

Nice job by the Horns and Taylor the 2nd half. Glad my presence sparked them! [​IMG]

13. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Nice win Horns!!

[​IMG]

14. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Great game Horns!

15. 300zx

300zx 2007 March Madness Sweepstakes Champion

16. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

17. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Pretty nice a-whippin' on #24 at their house. Shoulda been by 16. Leave it to Baylor to sneak in a cheap basket at the end. We purposely ran out our shot clock not to tack on more. With 4 secs left we didn't even line up to play defense. The guy gets the inbound beyond the arc and streaks in completely unguarded for a final cheap layup just before the buzzer.

I get maybe shooting a 3 as a practice shot during a game. But an uncontested layup with a second left? And on the team that just gave you the courtesy of not trying to score again knowing they'd leave a little time but oh well? Weak *** move as usual by Baylor. There's nothing useful or practicing about that middle school lay in. It's not like they did something completely awful, just tick tack stuff like that pisses me off coming from Baylor. [​IMG]

18. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

19. sblazer

sblazer 500+ Posts

very nice win. [​IMG]

20. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

21. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

22. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

No kidding.

23. Third Coast

Supposedly the first time in school history that Texas has beaten three ranked teams in a row. Technically factual, but realistically Baylor was most likely going to drop out of the rankings win, or lose today.

24. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Good Job Team!!!!!!!!!

25. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Taylor was lights out today. Driving, scooping, lay ups. All in the paint. If he can keep that kind of aggressive attacking style up, that will open up jumpers, passing lanes, etc. That's the kind of guard play we haven't seen in a while. [​IMG]

26. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

27. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

28. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

29. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

The thing that was weird to me about this game was the free throw shooting. This team seems like it's either all in or all out... no 70 percent shooting performances for this team, they're either money or they're around 55 percent. Glad they got that performance out of their system in a game that they controlled start to finish - maybe focus was the issue.

On an unrelated note... if you get a bag of three onions, does that count as one item or three for purposes of the express lane?

30. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts