Horns Host St. Mary's

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by derrumbe, Jan 5, 2008.

1. derrumbe

derrumbe < 25 Posts

I feel much better after that 2nd half.

2. homer

homer 500+ Posts

I couldn't watch the game (outside Texas and all), but are the FT numbers correct? 1-8 for DJ? 1-5 for GJ?

Besides that micro-criticism (based solely on scoreboard watching): WOW!!! GJ is such a difference maker, and so soon. Thank goodness they allowed him to practice (and be a well-oiled machine by the time he was cleared). I think we really have improved with his addition. Quite a bit too.

I also don't mind Ian Mooney getting a few minutes here and there. What about Harrison Smith? Not a criticism (of anyone) per se, but I'm surprised as to how Mooney gets to play before Smith.

3. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

A good win against a good opponent. [​IMG]

4. kevwun

kevwun 1,000+ Posts

James was 1-8, not sure if you meant Augustin.

5. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

basically our first game of the season with our full team healthy (besides the guys we won't have like matt hill). i like it, we are starting to gell, gary is a great addition. st mary's is good, rick made a tough non-conference schedule for us this year. let's take this to the conference schedule and kick some ***.

6. homer

homer 500+ Posts

7. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Looks like we got beat on the boards pretty handily. Still a great win against a good team.

8. Mr. Orange

Mr. Orange 100+ Posts

Couldnt watch the game. Is the Yahoo box score showing Conner didn't even attempt a shot correct?

9. DirtyFranke

DirtyFranke 25+ Posts

You guys that are missing the games b/c you're out of state should really look into getting Direct TV. I haven't missed a game yet and I live in Chicago. With their sports package I get all of them on FSSW.

10. LazyEngineer

LazyEngineer 500+ Posts

11. BostonRC

BostonRC 25+ Posts

God, why did you post the score in the thread title? I couldn't watch it live and had to tape it, and I thought the first thing I should do after arriving home was read a basketball message board. Why would anybody post scores there?!? Now I'm going to have to ruin the ending of a movie for you. [​IMG]

12. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

^ please. we know you don't miss a basketball game. nice try there basketball groupie [​IMG]

13. LagoHorn

LagoHorn 250+ Posts

We played a great second half. Too bad the first half was marred for me by the over-zealous Erwin Center staff.

14. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Way to go Horns!!

[​IMG]

15. derrumbe

derrumbe < 25 Posts

My apologies for the subject line giveaway.

In an attempt to be fair, here's a list of films on my watch list this week:

Sixth Sense
    The Crying Game
    The Usual Suspects
    Clue
    The Passion of The Christ

16. Bill_McNeal

Bill_McNeal 250+ Posts

17. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Poor FT shooting and poor 3 point shooting are the story here. Horns kind of live and die by the 3 against better opponents. Poor 3 point shooting will kill you against good teams and late in the season as well.

Good thing for Rick that St. Mary's didn't do much better in the above categories.

18. pmg

pmg 1,000+ Posts

We were outrebounded something terrible in the early part of the game, but held our own the balance. We had a ton of blocked shots.

I have a question for x's and o's guys; I missed 1/2 of the TCU game, and went to the game last night. Gary Johnson impresses me tremendously. But it seems the opponents continually get wide open three looks when he's in, e.g., yesterday first half; Mooney came in and the three looks disappeared. Is he (Johnson) getting lost on the defensive rotation?

My suspicion is he loses his man, who gets wide open, then someone else rushes over to cover for him.
    But maybe that's my imagination?

19. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts