Horns vs ksu

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by caryhorn, Feb 21, 2018.

1. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Very big challenge for the Horns tonight. They will need a big shooting night, and tough defense for 40 minutes to win. And a little luck. Like ksu having an off night. If we get off to a good start that might quiet the crowd which would help.

Go Horns!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Coleman has a really pretty floater when it’s on.

3. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

So far, 5 minutes into the game, not feeling any flow for either side yet

4. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Roach makes 2 of 3 FT to send us to halftime tied @ 25

5. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

four points in the last 5 minutes of the half. Not a great first half. two shot clock violations. awful shooting.

But we're tied anyway. Just turn it up a bit in the 2nd half.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  6. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Roach needs to stop turning it over. Needs to pass; not dribble so much. Bamba needs to get involved. almost at the 15 minute mark and we've scored 3 points so far. ugh.

7. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Six minutes without a bucket, we are running the statue offense. half court offense is nothing. No one in motion, guy with the ball dribbling around aimlessly.

We have the easiest offense in the B 12 to defend.

8. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

:lmao:

With a little duck-n-chuck mixed in.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The offense ... :facepalm:

• Like Like x 2
  10. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

K-State could go out for pizza and the score would be the same when they returned. Lethargic doesn't begin to describe this effort.

Somebody at ESPN better be getting his resume updated for putting this on TV.

• Like Like x 2
  12. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Slow-mo-No-show-mo offense.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We may win anyway

Anyone else think Bamba is not getting the same lift he was earlier in season?

14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

He has looked totally disinterested for the last month. The NBA won't have to worry about him killing his adrenal glands

15. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

2-16 from the arc. Why....

16. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

:brickwall:

17. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Has Febres shot the ball at all tonight?

18. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Roach fouled out.

Mo strikes me as a moody teenager. When he’s hyped up and playing with good energy, hes pretty much unstoppable. He looks like a 20 pt 20 board 5 block night guy thats going to get drafted in the first 3 picks. The other 1/2 of the time he looks like he’s thinking about snacks and Xbox.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  20. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

The worst offensive game I've seen them play since Tennessee state.
    Meanwhile, ksu has scored 11 straight.

21. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Give me the ball. I can come as close to hitting a three from my sofa in Houston as anybody on the court. Being 2 for 20 from 3 is one thing, but all air balls and front rim is ridiculous.

Maybe we need the return of Everett Gay and his football teammates to embarrass Smart and this group the way they did Weltlich

22. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

O-sit-couch-ski **** the bed big time. I counted 5 or 6 complete bricks and 2 air balls from him.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  24. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I didn't expect Texas to win. I predicted the loss. But my god. The inept offense was beyond the pall.

Shaka's offensive philosophy is what??? Really, what is the offensive plan?

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

26. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Take Billie Powers $4 million a year for five years and retire? His coaching is as offensive as I've seen around Travis County in a long time. At least have them ready to play. If the opponent is more talented so be it, but give some effort.

27. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

28% from the floor, 11% from 3-point range. 48 points. There is no doubt it's the coach; either terrible recruiting (not bringing in shooters) or coaching (no scheme) or both.

28. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Times change, and the game definitely changes, but my uncle played for Hank Iba at Oklahoma A&M on some pretty damn good teams for that day and time. Iba made them find "their spot" on the floor, wherever it may be, then make 50 shots in a row from that spot before they could leave the practice court. He told them that when the game was on the line, he wanted five guys he knew could hit a bucket from "their spot".

• Like Like x 1
  29. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I haven’t read the thread but regardless, a few observations:

Where is Shaka’s passion? Where’s the emotion? He seems passive and too controlled. Perhaps the team is reflecting his personality. They certainly lack the killer instinct.

Osetkowski can’t shoot worth a crap from the outside. Period. What coach let’s him continue to try?

Give Febres a bigger role. I think the kid can shoot. If he took the shots that Osetkowski is taking, we would probably score 9-12 more points a game.

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The 28.2 FG% is the second-lowest total in the Shaka Smart era. Texas shot 26% in China vs. Washington.
    No other games below 30%.