How Bad do you Want Ewers?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

If THIS guy approves I approve

• Like Like x 2
  2. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Ever heard of Mac Jones, now the starting QB for the Patriots? He’s why Murphy will sign and wait, and CT will stay.

3. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

We definitely need WRs too. Armani Winfield and Evan Stewart both want to come here...but couldn't get over our issues. I know they will turn an eye back....hopefully follow through with the rest of their body. There are others too.
    But, yeah...dline, lb,cb, S, WR. We have some pieces...more than some here think once you remove the dead weight they will step up.....but we need depth and competition. LB is a perfect example..have at least one guy there starting that shouldn't see the field except in clean up. Desperately need an experienced safety transfer or two even.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  4. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I mean you have to, right? Ewers and that OL, to add to Bijan and X...

Blah blah I know it's just potential, but they're looking at the skill level of their peers

• Like Like x 1
  5. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Is it true this guy was 4th on the depth chart at tOSU?

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Bubba
    We understand and feel your pain.
    Y'all will recover maybe:ousucksnana:
    I keed I keed

7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yep, at least that’s what I heard somewhere too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Is it true that OU only accepts transfers that are already baked and ready to perform for one year? Maybe two?

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  9. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Good question. We took some last year that didn’t make a huge impact.

I just think it’s a red flag. That’s all. I thought the NIL deal had a poor impact on Rattler. I think what we will find is that talent plays a key role. However, hard work is require led as well. Will players with huge NIL deals still have that hunger to work hard? I’m gonna bet not.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

That is a definite concern for any thoughtful fan and coach.

11. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Bubba
    People banging on ou and shedding croc tears for them...like they're knocked out...
    IDK...if I were an ou guy I'd be feeling pretty good right about now.
    As a fan of the opposition...I'm more nervous today than I was the day before Riley left.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I'm feeling better about our future now than I was anytime since about 11:45AM on October 23 when we had to come from behind and beat KU. Venables is about to sign a top 10 class which shocks me. I always loved Venables and think, if he can get a few big dogs in the middle, he can have a tough D in a year or two. And, I think OU teams have been softer since Jerry Schmidt moved along to Aggy. There will be some pain and suffering among players in the next 8 months. I also think it will help to have UT being "back" with the Pancake Factory and Ewers taking all of the sunshine. It gives them a target in their mind during the offseason - Think Max Cady from Cape Fear. [​IMG]