How can you not like Brett Favre?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by SlingeroGuitaro, Jan 12, 2008.

1. SlingeroGuitaro

SlingeroGuitaro 250+ Posts

The game hasn't even started yet and every shot of him he has a huge smile on his face and is laughing it up with teammates. The guy has bowling ball gonads and loves to play the game.

Go Packers!

2. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

wow, what a way to start. [​IMG]

3. SlingeroGuitaro

4. Genco

Genco 100+ Posts

I feel bad for Ryan Grant.

5. origino

origino 250+ Posts

He feels bad too I am sure.

6. Third Coast

I love football in the snow. It's really starting to come down now.

7. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

I agree with Third Coast 100%. I love that, particularly from my warm living room. [​IMG]

8. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

Snow Rules!

Pack still wins by 7+

9. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts

I like BF. I hope to see him and Romo playing against one another again soon!

10. SlingeroGuitaro

huge run by grant...

edit: make that 2 in a row. nice hurdle!

11. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

Amazing play by Favre leads to a huge Pack TD!

12. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

Favre is one of the few rivals (to the 'Boys) that I don't have a problem liking.

13. OrangeHair

OrangeHair 250+ Posts

There was a fan's sign earlier in the year that said "Favre, your continuing journey is our reward". I agree wholeheartedly.

Some part of me always knew, even in the last few down years, that Favre was still capable (given players and coaching). Helps to have a great defense. Gotta love the snow.

14. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

Except that he was a WR...and he is manning the fryers at Whataburger these days.

15. Third Coast

Hats off to the Pack for coming to play and making plays, but man have the Seahawks laid an egg in this game, particularly on defense.

16. PunkRockinHorn

PunkRockinHorn 100+ Posts

what a turnaround from the start of the game. Gotta love Favre. Go Pack GO!

17. imactexman

imactexman < 25 Posts

You're right.
    I'm a Seahawks fan wearing my Seattle jersey, but still don't mind seeing the team lose to Brett and the gang. He's something special.

The day he finally calls it quits is going to be a truly sad one.

18. SlingeroGuitaro

i'll cry more when he retires than aikman did when... he retired

19. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

I hate Brett Favre. I fully acknowledge that it's an irrational sports fan hate and in reality, he is a total badass. But in the early-mid 90's I used to get SO pissed that he got SO much pub because he's a fun, gregarious guy. He could never beat my Cowboys, yet he got so much more love than Troy. Damn, that really ticked me off. I'm so happy he still has never won in Dallas and I pray that holds true - it's the only thing I have to hold on to!

The guy is honestly freakin amazing though.

20. disappearer

disappearer < 25 Posts

brett favre is a football player? i thought he was a model for wrangler jeans. he does look like he's having fun playing football in those commercials. having fun with football, and wrangler jeans.

21. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts

22. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

What do Brett Farve and the 1992, 93, 94 & 95 Dallas Cowboys all have in common?

They all lost 6 games at Texas Stadium.

23. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

24. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts

25. El Chivo

El Chivo < 25 Posts

here's my reason for not sharing your favre love: he's a hypocrite. he calls out donald driver or robert ferguson or whichever one of receivers was holding out for a better contract (remember that favre makes way more), because favre says that it hurts the team not to know who their receivers will be.

then, every subsequent spring and summer (except perhaps 2007), favre hangs the packers out to dry as he decides whether he has "enough left" to come back

26. FirstTimeLurker

FirstTimeLurker 100+ Posts

as hot as GB is right now, they can beat Dallas

27. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

How can you say that before Dallas has even played their game this weekend? Maybe phrase it, "Green Bay, the way they are playing today could beat Dallas if they keep playing the way they finished the season".

But Dallas could come out tomorrow with a fire in their bellies and an intensity to prove something. But Green Bay is definately ready for the playoffs so far.

You can tell in his interviews that even though he loves his wife very much, he still loves Mary. There is something about Mary that I just cannot explain. I get this rash, these blisters. Love blisters, I call them.

Sincerely,
    Woogie

28. SlingeroGuitaro

it should more accurately read 'The way GB looks now, they will beat whoever wins tomorrow'

29. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

I celebrate his entire catalog.

30. Bill_McNeal

Bill_McNeal 250+ Posts

If he could somehow find a way to beat Dallas, I'd love him even more.

Because Dallas sucks.