How come Fox News...

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn69, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

chooses not to cover the President when he gives speech on why we are doing what we are doing in Iraq? Seems like a serious journalistic lack of responsibility on their part.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

2. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

we report, you decide except when we don't and decide for you ...

3. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

They're not journalists, they're entertainers.

4. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

It takes some time to pivot from being upset at Obama for not acting to being upset at him for acting.

They will have new talking points in a day or two.

5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Did Fox news not cover Bo's speech last night?
    I am ashamed to admit I was watching Cowboy preseason on the CBS channel and did not see it until later.
    that surprises me that Fox would not show it live since they have shown every speech he makes.

6. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Be careful that is a three way circle jerk...

7. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Maybe because they covered his press conference earlier in the week, which was an embarrassing, incomprehensible mess.

8. m/

m/ 100+ Posts

Methinks the OP is confused (again).

Fox News cable channel covered the speech (you're talking about the one about 8:30 p.m. Central time, right?).

Fox's over-the-air network gave its local affiliates the OPTION to tap into Fox News' feed. Some of those locally controlled stations chose not to cover it.

By the way, the CBS television network didn't cover it at all....

9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Thanks M
    I was pretty sure Fox News would have covered it.As I said I was watching the CBS channel for cowboy pregame
    which was just as boring as most of BO's speeches.

will H69 admit he was 'confused" and didn't bother to learn the difference between Fox network and FoxNews?

10. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

If I recall my "switching" cable FoxNews covered it. But I liked CNN's better. I confess I've lately stayed more with CNN for real-time coverage, but typically flip back and forth to study how much coverage each gives (ie., I study the media as much as I study events... "medium is the message" thing).

What would help each network, and all media, is to just stop being biased politically and deal objectively with everything.

There are two views in life: the subjective, biased, prejudiced view, and the objective "what it really is" view.

I dial back and forth and adjust to whoever is willing to deal with things objectively. Or whose face I care to look at, or voice I can manage to spend time with. [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. m/

m/ 100+ Posts

Wonder whether the OP will criticize CBS, the network of Edward R. Murrow and Walter Cronkite (and to me, THE most historic television journalism operation in American history), for showing Big Brother instead of Obama? The network won the night in ratings, though. LA Times

Those evil capitalists like the owner of CBS Corp., self-described liberal Democrat Sumner Redstone, should be ashamed of themselves, amirite?

12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Horn69
    What was on Fox news during the time of BO's speech?

13. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

this is a hilarious thread....

14. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Obama was on Fox News when Obama was speaking. I get whiplash watching him read the teleprompter. I would think that after 6 years he could occasionally just briefly glance toward the center, but alas, he can't. But the OP was a little to quick on the ObamaisGodand FoxNewssucks trigger without really checking it out. Maybe he doesn't get Fox on his TV. [​IMG]

15. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Looking at all the childish posts by one poster it looks like he woke up cranky from his nap

17. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

i like how the original poster and the peanut gallery stopped responding after making ridiculous claims and posts.

18. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

^^^ This.

19. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I wonder if Horn69 will come back and tell us what he/she was watching on his/her FoxNews channel when the BO speech was on.

21. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

Crickets . . .

22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

CPF
    H69 will either ignore his/ her own OT and not answer you

OR wait even more and hope it drops off front page.

23. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

They are busy listening to Media Matters for this weeks talking points. I tuned in and heard the following:

Fox News is racist
    George Bush is still harming America
    Koch brothers funding the video release in Missouri

This all in less than 5 minutes. R35 is loaded for bear this week!

24. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Here are more good excuses
    " been on vacay"( maybe with BO)
    or "been out of town on work."
    and of course
    " been sick and/or a relative as been sick"
    did I miss any?

26. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

Happening right now -- Pres. Obama is speaking in Estonia right now. While all major networks are broadcasting it, fixed news has pics of the masked foley/sot loft executioner, Karl rove and another dope on the screen (the terrorist is the masked monster, just in case..), scaring all the elderly loyal steeple. [​IMG]

27. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

They covered it. Next question?

28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Yes UTCHE
    it WAS broadcast LIVE at 4 am CDT( 5 am EDT) on Fox news.
    We haven't heard from Horn69 since he/ she was exposed.
    Wonder if we will hear from R35 admitting we/she was wrong.
    do you think they get their 'misinformation" from the same place?

29. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Roger 35 is as big a dope as Obozo. If only both had a small amount of the brains and common sense that Rove has.

30. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Horn6721,
    Im sure they are just too busy with work. [​IMG]