How do you ask a woman out on a date?

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Punt on 1st Down, Jul 15, 2007.

1. NBMisha

NBMisha 500+ Posts

Punt
    See, the relationship gods did not like your obsession as indicated early, so they have sabotaged you through yourself.

They are touchy ********, no doubt.

And, what the f'k is a forecaddie?

2. TxArch

TxArch 250+ Posts

I actually do feel a bit sympathetic to PO1D. It does take balls to ask a girl out, but if you're not gonna do it, then don't make excuses. We've all been in the same situation before, and while some of us have taken the plunge, others have backed off out of fear. The key is conquering that fear & realizing that even if she says no, things will be ok.

UTGal, why are you [​IMG] You don't wanna ride on Old Glory? [​IMG]

3. huge

huge 250+ Posts

so, did he ever ask out the original chick?

4. Ankf00

Ankf00 250+ Posts

This is like the answering machine scene, only in BBS form

5. Horny04

Horny04 100+ Posts

Wait...so UTGal dates guys who ask her out on message boards?? Is she the one who wanted to date a doctor or was that someone else? If so:

Hey UTGal, I've noticed you around the forums and you seem pretty cool. Wanna go out sometime?

Watch out PO1D, she has options now...

But seriously man, you need to stop intellectualizing this whole ordeal and just do it. I used to be like you, and I sitll "think things out" (or obsess, sorta) if I find a girl I like and want to ask her out, but once you get used to just doing it, you realize that it's not a big deal. Plus it gets you to the point of realizing her faults, such as having a freakishly long 2nd toe, which will make her undateable anyway.

6. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

I sure could go for a thread about laying pipe right about now. [​IMG]

7. TenaciousTgarden

TenaciousTgarden 250+ Posts

this thread is amazing. If UTGal and PO1D end up together, it would be remarkable.

PO1D, have you asked the other chick out yet? Why the delay? I don't think it needs to be in person - I'm worried that you're going to be too serious when you ask her out and start talking about how you can really see her as the "potential 5th significant person" in your life. If a guy said that to me while asking me out on a first date, even if it were my dream man (Jim Halpert), it would freak me out. Just send an email or leave a message, make it casual - "hey, wondering if you wanted to go for a bike ride this weekend, weather is supposed to be nice" or something like that.

Also, not to thread-jack, but how many people have hooked up via HF? How many people have seriously dated after meeting via HF? Hmmmmm.

8. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

The few posters that have met me here will verify that I'm not exactly a great looking guy and I'm very shy and awkward.

However, I've never been turned down for a date and every girl I've dated is way hotter than me (not hard to be). Kinda goes back to what Henry said though. It's hard for girls to say no and I've certainly had a message not returned.

Anyways, let me tell you what's worked for me. "hey, wanna do something/hang out this weekend" or "can I have your number?" That "I'd like to get to know you better stuff is lame and you're kind of putting your cards on the table. She knows you like her when you say that. Keep it casual.

9. Dallas Frog

Dallas Frog 25+ Posts

...And through all of this no MustangKurt reference? [​IMG]

10. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

11. goofybevo

goofybevo 250+ Posts

Holy ******* ****. Have you ever gone through one of those phases where you're just kind of done with Hornfans? You've seen the same threads again and again, it's the ******* offseason, and you're just done with it, if only for a bit. Then, out of the blue, comes a thread so fantastic that you can't help but be pulled back in, like Michael Corleone in Godfather III.

Well, that is exactly what has happened to me with this thread. Really, just some spectacular work being done here.

12. stillaphlopin

stillaphlopin 25+ Posts

13. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

14. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

15. HenryGandorf

HenryGandorf 250+ Posts

this thread has taken a turn for the surreal.

16. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

17. Punt on 1st Down

Punt on 1st Down 100+ Posts

Well, I've sent an e-mail to the mods to shut this thread down.

For some closure and potential explanation, I worked with this woman for about 300 hours of overtime in a 4-month span. Primarily, we have had a professional relationship. That's not to say that we didn't have lunches and dinners together, along with other staffers. And not that we didn't spend much time in each other's office just talking about random **** when work was slow.

It's just weird to make the transition from a work relationship to a personal relationship, though now I suppose I could.

And, I do exchange e-mail with her almost every day. We're making the transition to a personal relationship, though it's not like you can snap your fingers and change things in a day or a week or a month for that matter. It's mostly always going to be about work.

And I think that those of you who poo poo the value of a job reference probably haven't been in the working world that long. Until I secure my next job assignment, I need her mostly as a job reference rather than a date.

I'll be sarcastic ... "oh, ok, we've just been working our asses off on politics and public policy for 4 months, so let's get into a relationship." I'm sorry, but I just don't see it working like that.

Obviously, several of you think I'm wrong, but I know where she works and she's not going anywhere. I have time.

So, no, I haven't asked her out at this point. And as I said earlier, it's a little more complicated than just saying "ask her out."

18. wealeat

wealeat 25+ Posts

Wow, just wow.

19. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

20. somebody with a printer print out this thread.

21. stillaphlopin

stillaphlopin 25+ Posts

Good luck with your future endeavors punt…just be yourself and things will work out.

22. Quadry

Quadry 250+ Posts

I hooked up with TBC, alxhorns, utexas, scottsins and NEWhere one hot July morning. I was thirsting for knowledge and they had a car.

23. rtchorn

rtchorn 250+ Posts

Isn't UTGal the chick that used to post on 3:16 about taking on two dudes at the same time? I think a PO1D/UTGal hook-up would be tremendous.

24. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

good luck punt. this thread was memorable

25. Punt on 1st Down

Punt on 1st Down 100+ Posts

26. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

27. Quadry

Quadry 250+ Posts

I can take a **** in a box and stamp Guaranteed on it, I have the time.

28. HenryGandorf

HenryGandorf 250+ Posts

29. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts