How Far We Have Fallen

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Txreds, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

Point is name a time other than Mack and Royal that we have truly lived up to all we hope to be.

2. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Potatoes egg and cheese. Fresh pico too.

3. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

Sorry you guys were not interested in talking about football.

As I saw Baylor win the Big 12 and the announcer comment on how they won 2 games last year it dawned on me how far we have fallen from our glory days. Instead of a legitimate conversation, a couple of people would rather put people down then claim this is a site for conversation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Did I mention fresh Pico?

5. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

I think you prefer a tubesteak taco

6. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Hahahahah this thread is in an instant classic

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

All time wins. We've had a ****** decade, ok?

Rank Team Won Lost Tied* Pct. Total Games
    1 Michigan 975 351 36 .729 1362
    2 Ohio State 941 329 53 .731 1323
    3 Alabama 940 332 43 .731 1315
    4 Notre Dame 929 330 42 .730 1301
    5 Texas 928 385 33 .702 1346

• Like Like x 1
  8. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

It was Dennis Erickson and that was my junior year in college so like you I grew up with bad Texas football in my HS, college and even law school days. The Horns won the Sun Bowl my third year of law school at UT, then I leave and Ricky came to campus. Texas has been down before so this isn't some new unknown experience and Texas will get right again it really is about finding the right coach because there are too many advantages in this state with money, facilities and recruits. Hopefully Sark is that guy I just dont think we know yet and we have to give him time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

What kind of potato? Roasted? Pan fried? I'm not a fan unless they're crispy like hash browns.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

Those years were not fun for sure. I am hopeful Sark gets us there again. I was wrong and thought Herman was going to get it done. I like Sark a lot as a person. I am sure he does an amazing job on the recruiting trail with parents.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

How far?
    My 4 year old turned to me at bedtime last night and -in the cutest 4 year old voice- said, "I want to go to space."
    ...Then paused and followed with, "Space is fawwr awaay."

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

I looked it up, it's right there in the internet forums protocol manual. The minute you recognize that you're being 'owned', you are to throw out an oral sex reference. All of those whose 'bandwidths aren't belong to you' will recognize that's also a reference to his same-sex desires. By the book, good job.

13. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

Wow. You prove my point as well. This was supposed to be a football thread. Instead a couple of people would rather turn it into a circus. Sorry I don’t just sit back and ignore insults. I tend to respond. These forums were done so we could have fun dialogue about a university we love. When people attack others it taints that spirit. Yes I responded in the same juvenile way because when you deal with people who behave that way it sometimes has to be taken to their level. Not fun and not what was intended at the outset of a post I made to simply say it is hard to see Bama win again and Baylor win the Big 12.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Then I guess we haven't really fallen that far, have we?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

Haha. That was clever. It is interesting to watch the rise and fall of programs. Although Texas and Michigan are in the top five for all time wins we have gone through periods of time where we struggle. Looks like after many years Harbaugh has them playing well. I am surprised they gave him that much time. Here’s to hoping Sark is the right guy to get us winning again. Back to where Texas is Texas.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. George Bailey

Perhaps what you're looking for is SurleyBevo. They seem to thrive on penis-related humor/insults. And no, you never take it to a lower level. That just puts you on the same level as those who you perceive to be lower than you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

It is easy to feel a bit depressed over the last 10 years, but having witnessed the recovery from a 1-9 season in 1956, I can assure you that Texas can, and will, rebound. Teams performances go through win/loss cycles and with today’s portal, and now payment system, the cycles will be shorter (Baylor, LSU, etc). Good news is Texas has a brand with one of the most recognized logos in all of athletics, more money than all but a couple of schools ( nobody wins bidding wars against Texas), has incredible facilities, recognized academics and is in a great city in a great state. It also has an all time win/loss record against all of the SEC except for Vanderbilt, whose series ended in 1928, against all of the Big 12 teams except for WVA, and against all Big 10 teams, I think.

With the resources and the talent in Texas high schools there is no reason for Texas to be where it is, but there is also no reason for it to not climb out of this sh- -hole, and it will. It is a lot easier for a power player to get back than for a program that has never been there to climb that ladder. Oh, and did I mention that the new AD is one of the best in the country. And he has a lot to work with. The Texas haters, and there will always be many, can go to hell because in time the foot will be back on their throat. Keep the faith baby..

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Txreds

Txreds 250+ Posts

Awesome post Chinstrap. I am ready to go back to the days when playing Texas meant oh Sh!t here come the Horns. I know we will be back. Just hope sooner than later.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I agree. Who gives a crap about all time wins? That is cute when you are winning 10-12 ball games a year. But, the fact is that Texas accumulated all those wins decades and decades ago for the most part.

It was really cool when we passed ND at #2 in all time wins. Does anyone remember that and care? No, because we have fallen since then. A decade plus of sucking balls.

Anyway, I fly to PHX tonight and stay in Old Scottsdale. There is a Whataburger 1.3 miles from the hotel. I'll be walking there tomorrow. No Whataburgers where I live.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. George Bailey

I am a sausage BOB guy, rarely do I stray. But that new Breakfast Burger is worth a try. And with your 2.6 mile roundtrip walk, you may be able to walk off 1/8th, maybe a 1/4th of your calorie intake. Gotta burn all your calories before you return for a lunch Bacon Green Chile Double burger, saving room for the Dr Pepper shake of course.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  21. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

UTSA and, gasp, UTEP are going bowling this year and we aren't. Jeez

But.......from 1965 to 1967 we lost four games a year and started off 0-1-1 in 1968.

Then we reeled off 30 wins in a row and a couple of NCs.

I am optimistic. And if Sark is not the answer, the offensive coordinator for Western Kentucky should be ready to take over a major program in a few years.

22. horninchicago

Yes, but there was probably not the sense of urgency to fire a coach who won a NC a few years earlier. No social media, no 24/7 news cycle.

Texas gave Mack Brown 8 years before he was sent packing after his NC.

I still think, as long as he does not repeat the 3 consecutive losing seasons like Strong had, Sark gets at least 5 years. Herman would have if not for his well documented asshattery directed at his meal ticket, the fan base.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I've been posting here since 2005 and a proud sponsor.

PROUD SPONSOR

and real tired of the sexually oriented attacks attributing homosexuality to those with opposing views.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  24. horninchicago

Who did that?

25. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

The OP.

• Like Like x 1
  26. horninchicago

I guess I missed that post, but this is why using the "Reply" function as you and I are doing is a very useful tool for reference.

I stopped reading most of the ramblings.

• Like Like x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Must be oven roasted, cooled overnight, and then panfried in the morning.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I come to this thread because I guess I get a kick out of not having a clue what's going on. I'm tempted to ask...
    But...I'm scared...
    ...and it's probably just better this way.

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. ProdigalHorn

I haven't tried that but that sounds like a great idea. I have trouble getting the right crispiness on my hash browns and it's mostly because potatoes have all that liquid in them.

30. ProdigalHorn

Welcome to HornFans offseason. It's thunderdome...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1