How often do you wear your wedding band?

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by ctrl+alt+del, Mar 15, 2008.

1. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

Me, I hate wearing jewelry. I feel it on my skin and I don't like it. Mrs. Reboot and I have been married for 8 years and I still take my wedding band off when I get home. Yep, I throw my keys on the desk, take off my watch and my wedding band and place them next to the keys. I don't feel it makes me less married and Mrs. Reboot removes hers as well. There are folks who never remove theirs and that's fine and dandy, but I have never been able to stand the feeling of wearing jewelry. There are times we both forget to put them on when we leave the house, but we don't really care since we were there at the wedding ceremony and remember to whom we are married.

2. bluto

bluto 500+ Posts

not married but right there w/ ya on the jewelry part. just drives me crazy, even watches. rings of any type are very out of the question.

3. Xminus6

Xminus6 500+ Posts

i got married last year and i'm also not a jewelry wearer. the ring was really weird to wear for a while especially since mine is a bit heavy. but i've gotten used to it now and only take it off when i shower. otherwise i wear it pretty much all the time.

4. jcazes

jcazes 500+ Posts

hopefully this doesn't threadjack, but is that the reason a married guy might not ever wear a ring? This guy at my work is fairly young and is married, but I have never seen a ring on him...

5. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

I wear my wedding ring every day, all day. I used to take it off when I played golf but I don't so anymore.

6. chuychanga

chuychanga 500+ Posts

Mine gets little loose when my hands are sweaty. So I take it off for running, yard work, swimming, etc... I also take it off at night. Occasionally, I'll forget to put it on in the morning, but I don't really think it's that big a deal if I forget it. I probably wear it 95% of the time.

I hated the thing at first, but I got used to it after a few months.

7. UTinBigD

UTinBigD 250+ Posts

at first I took it off every night and when i played sports or lifted weights, but then just got used to it (and almost lost it a few times) and now it never comes off.

A guy I used to work with wore his around his neck on a chain. weird.

8. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I've been married almost 17 years and it only came off when I had surgery about 10 yerars ago.

9. random horn

random horn 250+ Posts

i only wear it when i want to pick up chicks

10. halsteadfrost

halsteadfrost 1,000+ Posts

Add me to the "it was weird at first, but I got used to it, and now I never take it off" camp. I used to remove it when I worked out or worked on my car. Now I only take it off while showering, or if it's cold outside and I think I might lose it (Its a tad big, so when my fingers get cold it becomes very loose).

Anyway, I'm so used to it now that it feels weird when I'm not wearing it. I'm not going to judge someone who doesn't wear a ring, but for me personally I like wearing it.

11. killer b's

killer b's 25+ Posts

I lost my wedding ring in the ocean the day after we were married. Once I got my replacement it only comes off when I play golf and when I work out.

12. sawbonz

sawbonz 500+ Posts

I have to take mine off for surgeries so not having it on is not a big deal. I typically only put it on when I'm going somewhere.

I would caution all of you who work with machinery or on ladders/ledges to remove your ring(s) when doing so.

google "ring avulsion injuries"

13. axle hongsnort

axle hongsnort 250+ Posts

so used to it now that it feels weird when i am not wearing it. that said, i only remove it when working out.

14. whickums

whickums 250+ Posts

Ever since I got my engagement (and then later wedding) ring they only come off when I shower.

My husband fits in the "weird at first but never takes it off now" group.

15. chillywillywall

chillywillywall 100+ Posts

16. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

I wear it most of the time but certainly not in the shower or at night

17. Rusk

Rusk 250+ Posts

I never take mine off.

If I do, my finger feels weird.

18. PacSER

PacSER 500+ Posts

I am the same way. Haven't worn a watch in too long but, with a cell phone, I know what time it is. I take my ring off as well and the wife has never cared. My grandparents are different though.

19. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

20. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

Been married almost 3 years. I take it off as soon as I come home. I actually am more used to wearing a watch than a ring. I also find myself fiddling with the ring constantly. Putting it on other fingers...

But the only times I am not wearing the ring outside the house are when I exercise, fish, work on the yard...

21. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

22. K-Man

K-Man 250+ Posts

I've never taken it off in 11 years for any length of time. I don't even know it's there. It doesn't make me a better husband though, I'm still just a chump.

23. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

I'll bet Mr. T pities a lot of us fools.

24. El_Guapo

El_Guapo 500+ Posts

I'm exactly like ctrl-alt-del. I hate wearing jewelry, and both the watch and ring comes off and put on the dresser as soon as I get home. I never wear the ring while exercising, golfing, or doing yardwork. I've seen the pictures sawbonz speaks of and they are scary.

25. GakFoo

GakFoo 500+ Posts

i had never worn a watch or a piece of jewelry in my life before getting married, so it bugs me to wear it. i just can't get usd to it

i wear it about 1 or 2 days a week and immediately take it off when i get home. i'm not sure why, but i always wear it when i go to court or have a meeting with a client

26. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

My wedding ring is the only jewelry I wear. No other rings, watches, neck chains or anything else.

When I first got married, I took mine off whenever I did anything strenuous (softball or golf, worked out, rode my bike, mowed the yard, built stuff, etc).

Now, I rarely take it off. Of course, I can barely get it off (and back on) anymore. Which of course leads to the fact that I'll probably have to get it resized or quit wearing it someday.

Or, I guess I could lose some weight... [​IMG]

27. Luke Duke

Luke Duke 1,000+ Posts

Mine comes off when I walk in the door.

28. brntorng

brntorng 2,500+ Posts

In 25+ years of marriage I've taken mine off twice when the hospital wouldn't allow me to wear it in the delivery room. Last time I removed it was 19+ years ago. I doubt I could get it off without cutting it off now.

29. skipperj

skipperj 100+ Posts

Mine is like my watch, wallet, etc... As soon as I come home I empty my pockets and take my watch and ring off. Never wear it around the house. When I leave, do the opposite...put everything back on. Unless I'm going to the gym/pool/something else like that. I treat it like a piece of jewelry and wear it when I want to feel pretty. [​IMG]

30. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I wore mine every day for 15 years, and just took it off, and it's not going back on, dammit, not until this poison ivy rash clears up on the base of my ring finger that is.