How sick will you be on Saturday if...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by SAMMCHornfan, Oct 7, 2016.

1. SAMMCHornfan

SAMMCHornfan 250+ Posts

The Horns find a way to win and you see Charlie riding on the shoulders of his players? (I for one, may honestly throw up!)

1st of all, I would hope Charlie would demand his players not do it this time.

Second of all, I would hope the players would start acting like they expected to win all along. I mean, come on, you have won the last two out of three, why not expect to win this one too! No need to celebrate like you just won a Championship. Shake hands, pat each other on the back and get back to the locker room to get ready for the next game so you don't go out and lay an egg against a much weaker opponent.

CHARLIE! Just go out once and for all and prove to horn fans everywhere that you are a coach worthy of being kept around the 40 acres. Enough of all the "cute" stuff and just be a dang football coach already! Pull your head out and just go crazy once in a while and let the players know you are their coach and not their "buddy"!

2. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

So... if Texas beats OU on Saturday, and they lift up Charlie, will I feel "sick"? No.

3. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

If we win, and they carry Strong, I will be happy for the team, and for him.
    Its over, and for all his faults he is a good man, and the players like him.
    If he only gets to be remembered for having Stoops' number and being carried around by the players, then good.
    I don't know how you could possibly be sick from that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. horn blooded

horn blooded 100+ Posts

Do you get sick when children hug their parents? Do you get sick when husbands kiss their wives? They have both done it plenty of times before. How many times would it take to make you sick?

The players don't carry Charlie to change the image of the program, nor do they do it because he asks them to. They do it because they care about him and that is the way they celebrate big games. We are 2 and 2. OU is a big freaking game. When we win, they can carry Bevo off the field for all I care. I will be smiling, not sick.

• Like Like x 2
  5. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Really?
    Maybe you should pull your head out just a bit.

6. SAMMCHornfan

SAMMCHornfan 250+ Posts

Hey, got no problem with that reaction if that is how y'all truly feel. But, just remember how everything will come up roses for ya too if the Horns lose to the Iowa States of the world after becoming over confident and under coached.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  7. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Who do you mean, "y'all"?

And why would a loss to ISU be roses?

• Like Like x 1
  8. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I don't care who the coach is, anytime the Horns beat OU, then I'M CELEBRATIN"!!!

• Like Like x 6
  9. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

If we beat OU I will be happy we won, and be at DKR to see how we do against ISU. I think the jury will be out on Strong until season's end. If he is retained I hope he calls Greg Robinson and offers him a million to come out of retirement, and fires either Bedford or the DB coach.

• Like Like x 1