HS Playoffs 2018

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by flash34, Feb 11, 2018.

1. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Can I just say how excited I am to have Charli AND Sedona both being able to score under the basket AND shoot the 3's!!!!!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  4. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Allen beat Irving MacArthur by 6 tonight in a barn-burner. Big crowds for both sides. 12 lead in first. 8 at half. Tied in late third. Mac just couldn’t get that last 2 or 3 in the fourth. Those are 2 very good teams. I don’t believe either would have got to state, but still very good. Don’t know who Allen plays next. They are overall small, shoot outside good, just solid team, good coaching. A tall physicall team will take them down later. Sarah Andrews for Mac is everything as advertised.....she needs more help. She had about 25 tonight but I didn’t keep up with it. Will post scouting report in 2020 recruiting thread later.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Audrey really looks Happy! You have to click on the left picture to see Audrey.
    Boswell (34-4) vs. Denison (31-4), 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Denton Guyer HS

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  6. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Plano moves into the Regional Quarter finals game. Cynthia Merritt had 8 points in the double overtime game. There is a great video of the game highlights in the article. Plano (30-6) vs. Cedar Hill (27-10), 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Mesquite Poteet HS

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Sedona Prince - Navasota vs. Liberty Hill 6 p.m. Tuesday at Cameron Yoe HS
    Charlie Collier - Manvel vs. Barbers Hill 6 p.m. Tuesday at La Porte HS

Good Luck Ladies. Plan to see both you guys at the State Tournament in 2 weeks. :bevo::hookem::hookem3::popcorn:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Joanne Allen-Taylor's HS, Cypress Falls, did not make the playoffs but I would like to point out how tough a district Cy Falls was playing in.
    All four teams from District 17 are still in the playoffs! They are the only 6A district in the state that had all first thru fourth place teams made the Regional Quarter finals. That is a pretty salty group of teams to play against. They now have to play each other to advance.
    Cypress Ranch(2nd place)ru vs. Jersey Village(third place) 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Berry Center
    Langham Creek(fourth place) vs. Cypress Creek(district Champion) 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Berry Center
    Just something I thought interesting.

• Like Like x 4
  9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Ticket/Parking info: general public can order beginning April 18
    https://www.uiltexas.org/basketball...etball-state-tournament-spectator-information

Brackets:
    https://www.uiltexas.org/basketball/state-girls/brackets

For those unable to go to the state tournament:

All state tournament games will be broadcast live online through the nfhsnetwork.com. It’s a subscription-based site. Except for the girls 6A finals which will be on FOX Sports Southwest/FOX Sports Southwest Plus*.

https://www.uiltexas.org/basketball/state-girls/girls-basketball-state-tournament-broadcast-information

$9.95 a month BUT need to cancel or it automatically renews.
    http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/subscribe/retail

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

This is the first year I have seen that the UIL girls State tournament and the Big 12 tournament in OKC is the same weekend. Blah! Already bought my Big 12 tournament tickets!

11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Boswell vs Birdville highlights.

• Like Like x 2
  12. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I didn’t drown on the way to Coppell to see Duncanville vs Allen. Chose not to travel to see Plano vs Cedar Hill. With the flooding there is a very small crowd here. Normally a huge crowd. Will report on game at halftime plus end. Also a short scouting report on Gusters.

• Like Like x 5
  13. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Duncanville 29. Allen 14. At halftime. Duncanville better at all 5 positions. Gusters size .....and overall size and quickness of Panthers has shut-down all offensive options for Allen. Gusters is not flashy but fundamentally solid. Gets good inside position and just turns and banks in short shots over small defenders. She is good on pick and roll. If Plano wins against Cedar Hill a lot of the advantages Duncanville has can be negated. Plano has a lot of size at all positions. Duncanville will still be the favorite but a close game. Of course they have to get by Cedar Hill tonight.

• Like Like x 4
  14. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Sedona and Liberty Hill defeat Navasota, 73-38, to advance.

Charli and Barbers Hill knock out Jordan’s high school to advance. Compared to her previous 2 games, fairly modest night for Charli.

Audrey and Saginaw Boswell were up by 3 (49-46) to start the 4th and then pulled away for the 72-58 win over Denison.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  15. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Duncanville 62, Allen 43. Allen played better second half but it was a 20 point game the entire way. Gusters had a really good game......probably 20+ points. Even hit an elbow shot. She is going to a real good college player for a top 10-20 team. It will be good to see her against someone close to her size. Allen is a really small team. Green is solid....nothing with flare but really good. She probably had 12-15 points. She is a lefty which is an advantage. Duncanville is better than I thought......lots of speed, quickness and size. Guess 35-1 or something like that should have told me something. They don’t have that top point guard like some teams but still good. Several close games this year but still should be the favorite to win State handily.

• Like Like x 5
  16. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I was beginning to think Sedona had somehow been put into witness protection because finding her postseason stats has been impossible. I was able to track this down from a local Navasota station:
    Texas signee Sedona Prince led all scorers with 29 points.

• Like Like x 4
  17. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  18. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Regional Quarterfinal Games (Friday):
    Audrey - Boswell vs Amarillo, 6:00 PM, The Coliseum in Snyder
    Charli - Barbers Hill vs Temple, 7:00 PM, Delmar Fieldhouse, Houston
    Sedona - Liberty Hill vs Houston Wheatley, 6:15, Sam Houston State, Huntsville

I hope they all win but especially Audrey. Amarillo HS was my high school’s nemesis - beat those Sandies!

• Like Like x 6
  19. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Well...can’t read brackets. Duncanville vs Arlington Bowie .......Plano vs Frenship. Guess Duncanville vs Plano still might happen but will have to be next Tuesday. Just as well...will be going to some grandkids school awards Friday. Priorities !!

• Like Like x 1
  20. jtuna55

jtuna55 < 25 Posts

21. jtuna55

jtuna55 < 25 Posts

if both Plano and Duncanville win on Friday, they will play Saturday. By the way, neither Sarah Andrews nor Zay Green is left handed.

22. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

jtuna..........appreciate the schedule comment. I may be able to go see that game (if it happens) on Saturday. I forgot that they are not doing Tuesday/Friday now but these playoffs are Friday/Saturday.

Regarding the left-handed corrections..........thanks for helping. I was so shocked on that, I went on-line and reviewed videos of both players. So here are my excuses.

You are correct......Green is right handed. Mistaken identity. I absolutely was watching the wrong player for Duncanville. I thought No. 45 was Green and it was not. Didn't have a program so just picked out somebody that looked like a 6'-0" guard. Now that I have looked at information, Green is actually 5'10". I was really focused on Gusters and Green was a secondary look. At least that is my story and I am sticking to it. Don't know who number 45 is but she is a nice player as well..........and left-handed !

You are correct..........Andrews is right-handed. In watching a couple of her videos on-line, she uses her left hand mostly on drives. That is some high complement to a player that someone thinks she is dominant the wrong direction. She can obviously use either hand ......and that is such an advantage. I stand by my comment that she goes left almost every time. Perhaps that is the way the other teams play her. Or she just feels more comfortable that direction. I do remember her shooting free throws right-handed and wondering. This new ambidextrous fact now makes me even more complimentary of her skills. Tremendous talent.

This discussion brings up a funny story........it is funny to me but perhaps you had to be there. Our AAU team was playing a really good team and there was one left-handed guard that was constantly beating our defensive player to the left. Our coach asked our player which handed she was. Our player shrugged that she wasn't sure but thought right-handed. So our coach insisted coming out to the free throw line-up for our player to ask the other player if she was left-handed. The other player just looked up quizzically, then smiled. Our team roared. A wonderful teaching moment.

Remember fellow posters.........you get what you pay for on my scouting reports!

• Like Like x 3
  23. jtuna55

jtuna55 < 25 Posts

24. jtuna55

jtuna55 < 25 Posts

#45 is Marsh and she is about 6'1". Actually Green is not 5'10" but closer to 6'1" as well.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not looking good for Audrey Warren's team:

27. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Sad for Charli:

• Like Like x 1
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Barbers Hill loses in OT:

30. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Not a good night. All 3 signees out of the playoffs. #1 Liberty Hill falls to Wheatley, 72-61.

• Like Like x 1