Huston Street

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Victorious1, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

having a less than stellar spring start for the Rockies. ERA of 33.75 is not the way to impress on a new team. If he can get some quality work in he can knock that number down quick. I was hoping he could nail down the closer role where the Rockies struggle.

ERA - 33.75
    IP - 1.1
    H - 6
    R - 6
    ER - 6
    HR - 2
    BB - 2
    SO - 0

Omar is having a good spring so far:
    AB - 17
    R - 3
    H - 7
    2B - 1
    3B - 1
    HR - 0
    RBI - 1
    TB - 10
    OBP - .444
    SLG - .588
    AVE - .412

2. i'm not worried. the rockies know what they have in huston. he played a really bad outing. everyone has those.

3. alxhorns

alxhorns 100+ Posts

Goo is a young Peter Gammons

4. WildEyedBuffalo

WildEyedBuffalo 25+ Posts

Watching Street again is one of the main reasons Im excited to watch the Rockies this year. You cant beat $5 rockpile tix!!! [​IMG]

5. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

Last week Huston pitched a total of 3 innings without giving up any runs or hits and lowered the 33.75 ERA down to 10.38.

Omar is having a great spring and is tied for the team lead in hits with 11 with a batting ave of .393 (Tulowitski .241).

6. CJHorn

CJHorn 25+ Posts

My family are not MLB fans but Huston is our hands-down favorite -- polite, brave and kind. No better "celebrity" role model for my youngsters [8 & 6].

[Colt McCoy comes in at a solid second, BTW.]

7. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

There are plenty of pitchers that get rocked in Spring Training. I remember a guy named Nolan Ryan.....

8. Poke

Poke 25+ Posts

Manny Corpas will start the year as the closer in Colorado.

9. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Well, it's not like Huston will be released. I hope he has a great season and it turns out to be an audition for a closer job somewhere.

10. Poke

Poke 25+ Posts

I was wrong. Good for Huston, and good luck to him.

11. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

No offense Poke. At the time you posted, I was hearing that Manny would be the closer too. I hope Huston will succeed in that role for the Rockies. [​IMG]