I am uninstalling Vista today

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Dr Fear, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Dr Fear

Dr Fear 500+ Posts

about 6 months ago I got a cheap copy of VIsta from the campus computer store. I have 3 PC's (work, laptop, and home) and decided I would give it a test drive. Programs didn't stop crashing after SP1 was belatedly released. Then yesterday my sound stopped working for no apparent reason. Its not that Vista is that horrible, but I really can't see why it is better in any area, besides the way it looks, than XP. Hope I can find my old product key...

2. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

I think I almost hate Vista more than I hate aggy. Almost.

3. Franco

Franco 250+ Posts

I just installed Ubuntu and I'm very, very impressed with it.

4. txfight84

txfight84 100+ Posts

yeah i bought a computer last year from Dell that came with vista...it was on there for 10 minutes before i wiped the machine and put xp on it...

5. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

my newer laptop has Vista and its ok. I don't see anything special about it but I havent had any problems so far. no crashes and it runs fine with 2 gigs of memory.

6. Anastasis

Anastasis 1,000+ Posts

I like Vista, haven't any problems on the 2 computers I run it on, but I am a leery about installing SP1.

7. Kwisatz

Kwisatz 500+ Posts

I installed SP1 over a month ago. No problems before or after.

8. RichUT

RichUT 250+ Posts

Count me in with the camp that hasn't had any issues. I really don't get all the bellyaching over Vista, but I guess I am in the minority with that respect.

Perhaps the 4GB of RAM in my desktop is why.

9. kevwun

kevwun 1,000+ Posts

I think most people who've had problems either bought a computer that wasn't fast enough to run it or tried upgrading an older pc. The requirements are a little ridiculous, but it's best to just accept them and not try to run it something that doesn't meet them.

10. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

The only issue I've had is running Civilization IV. [​IMG]

Other than that Vista works perfectly for me.

11. Horn_Spanker

Horn_Spanker 250+ Posts

So, Vista is the new ME?

12. Dr Fear

Dr Fear 500+ Posts

I'm running lean and mean with XP Professionl x64 bit edition. [​IMG]