I believe Sumlin is on his way to a contract extension

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Crockett, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Aggie going with a coach who has lost his team and is now old goods and paying him lumps of money. Seems very aggie like.
    Herman has a Jimbo Fisher skin on his wall and really was the beginning of the demise of Fisher. Last year he got blown to bits by Louisville and lost to UNC. And now this years FSU team really sucks.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Texas Childrens does have a specialty wing for that form of anemia

Yet she will be moving to Texas with him, with both their boys (assuming this is all true)

Oh, and he cant beat Tom Herman either

3. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Interesting stuff. I was born in Tallahassee and my Father got his BA, MA and PH.D. there long ago. I'm always interested in the team. I actually knew one of the men (David Mays) who was Osceola back in 1980. I played baseball with him and his brothers as a child. I grew up on the campus as my Father was a former gymnast and he took me quite bit. I also learned how to swim at their pool. We even gave Dave Cowens a lift once in our car! He crammed his 6'9" frame in our tiny Opel Cadet (remember those?)! I was blown away; in total awe.

We moved to Texas in 1970 but I've always retained a feeling for the school.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  5. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Not exactly a whole lot of respect for that legacy of Aggie greatness is it?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bevosbff1973

Bevosbff1973 100+ Posts

I'm sure he is in the process of signing with someone that allows weekends off.

8. Bevosbff1973

Bevosbff1973 100+ Posts

Aggy........will NEVER get it!

9. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Ruh Roh indeed, but we have seen this script before. Deny, deny, see you later, bi**ches!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Apparently was a scam

11. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

12. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

15. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

More money and a new lease on life with a fan-base needing somebody to love. Sounds tempting until you see the platform. You have to wonder if you can be the one to turn delusion into reality. It requires a big ego.

16. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Fisher is now trying to determine aggy's relationship with FedEx and UPS or if doing a fund-me will work with the recruiting.

17. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Coach Fisher, I'd like you to meet Hofman, Chairman of Lone Star Overnight, a Texas based company that the NCAA doesn't know about. Mr Hofman is your new found best friend.

:deadhorse:

18. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

WOW!! Bwaaaahahahah! That's EPIC!!

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Combined with the one above, seems to say its happening

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

23. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

If you over-pay then you just proved that it is a step-down because you had to break the bank to overcome everything else. It's the same as when Tom Hicks gave A-Rod that $250 million contract. It was a huge mistake. A-Rod would have been a fool to turn it down but even he probably knew it was not going to end with a championship. Maybe it would be different if Jimbo is that good but even at Florida State, a school with a huge legacy in football and in the state of Florida where great players are a dime a dozen he has faltered. He's not Saban. Maybe not even Urban Meyer but I would think he would be the best coach Aggy has had since Sherrill...

• Like Like x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Fedex wants to be prepared in advance of Jimbo to aggy

• Like Like x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It appears Fisher to aggy will happen

26. LongChuckles

LongChuckles 25+ Posts

That'll be the strangest coaching move I can remember.

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Word is they are giving him a 10-year deal - wow

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  28. LongChuckles

LongChuckles 25+ Posts

That whale gonna get harpooned a lot in the SEC West.:lmao:

• Like Like x 1
  29. HornDawg1957

HornDawg1957 100+ Posts

Okay, so a story on ESPN now says that if Fisher leaves, FSU is interested in a minority candidate to replace him. Two of the three candidates they name (are you sitting down?) are Kevin Sumlin and Charlie Strong. What a wacky, wacky turn that would be.

30. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Why doesn't the administration make them Co-HC. Between those two, FSU will be lucky to win three games a year. They won't have to worry about crappy facilities, because Doak Campbell will be a ghost town.