'I Feel Duped on Climate Change'

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Namewithheld, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Are you allowed to bring an American AC over or will your *** get nailed for it?

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Two problems with that. First, the windows don't open the same way, so fitting it would be a nightmare. Second, it would be the wrong voltage.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Current temperature. That's 107° F.

FB_IMG_1658245492719.jpg

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

In fact, it's "let Deez, Jr.-drink-a-slushy" hot. I usually say No to these nasty, corn syrup-ridden things, but at these temps, I caved pretty easily.

reduced_IMG_20220719_173251020.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

He looks like He knows He Won
    Clearly takes after Mrs deez

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

He takes after her a lot. Luckily for him, he looks more like her. He has my detached earlobes and my lower lip (but interestingly her upper lip), but that's about it. Even though I'm with him all day, he talks more like her. His accent is more like mine (less southern), but he uses all her expressions. It's an interesting combination.

7. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Cute kid. When he gets a little older Uncle Garmel will have to teach him a few things about women. :smokin:

Put the gun down, Deez. I'm just kidding. :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

LOL!! I'm a little nervous about how he'll handle chicks. He is a cute kid, and he's very much of a charmer. Girls adore him even now. I also catch him checking out girls a lot. I have had to tell him not to be so obvious.

• Like Like x 3
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Since it is dry outside, you could buy a power washer and spray mist on your house or backyard.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I've got one. Never thought to do that, but I think I'll try.

11. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Just 104° F in Austin today. Glad I have AC :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And my awesome local pub has real AC! (And that's a rugby match on the TV, not a football game.)

reduced_IMG_20220719_215602375 (1).jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

By the way, my local pub might have the best urinals in the history of humanity.

reduced_IMG_20220719_231408810.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Put a sweater on before you head home. Your 15 minutes of fame is over. Low in the 50’s later this week.:beertoast:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Disagree. Urinals at a convenience store in Thailand off the highway had large planting urns filled with rocks to pee in that were located behind the building. I walked by it twice before figuring that is where you pee. You were surrounded by jungle plants for privacy.

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It will be 82 tomorrow. That will feel hot here without AC. Of course, I may head back to the pub.

The point is conceded. As great as our uninals are, your Thai convenience store urinals have these beat.

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

This is a lie. Frequency of heat waves has gone down in the US in the last 100 years.

Scientists have warned for years that more frequent and intense heat waves are one of the most direct consequences of climate change,

DD4D846F-8C0F-47E9-9438-B08371D01336.png

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This kind of **** is rampant over here. After living in Europe for the last 11 years, I can really understand why so many Europeans are nuts about going green. The media buys into it unquestioningly and pushes it relentlessly. The average person virtually never hears even the slightest scrutiny.

Of course, every time it is unseasonably warm (even if for only two days), everybody with a platform of any kind turns into Greta Thunberg and screams. So what happens when it's unseasonably cool as it was two winters ago? The issue is completely ignored, and if anyone mentions it, we get the eye rolls about how that person doesn't know the difference between weather and climate. That principle only applies when it's cold.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Wow, so this graph is saying that the worst (by a pretty wide margin) US heat wave on record was in the 30's during the dust bowl era? Shocking....who did they blame back then? By what I see on TV we've never seen anything close to this before (which I know to be complete lies).

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

What slays me on all this hysteria is they go apeshit over 1.x degrees across the past 150 years and completely ignore that the precision of instruments back then was nowhere NEAR what instruments today are capable of measuring. For all we know, it is actually cooler NOW than it was back then.

Let's face it...even when it is 100 degrees, most people cannot tell the difference between 99 and 101. Similarly, they cannot tell the difference between 12 and 15 in the winter...

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

You are being waaaay to analytical.

23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

To be fair, they generally go ape **** over 2° C. That's more like 4.5° F.

24. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Even if we take THAT range, are you REALLY going to tell me that a thermometer of 150 years ago measured a true temperature that would have matched the precision stuff on the market today? I think not...

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

That was a 2014 model
    And the battery is no longer made?:confused2:

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Not likely, no. Thermometers are better now than they were in the 1980s. Hell, when I was little I got the alcohol thermometer literally shoved up my ***. When I take my son's temperature, it just goes barely into his ear and takes just a few seconds.

30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

US heat wave is slightly above average:

574ED89D-76E7-4616-9779-CC1488FFA7EA.jpeg