'I hope you enjoyed that National Championship...

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by bevorules, Feb 27, 2008.

1. bevorules

bevorules 100+ Posts

...because it ain't going to happen again."

-aggy co-worker after looking at my NC pictures on the wall in my office.

2. longhorn73

longhorn73 100+ Posts

Aggy program success and goals currently met

Football
    "unranked"
    Basketball
    "others receiving votes"

if aggy wants to use this as a measure for program success, then they are @ the apex of existence!

[​IMG]

3. Bevo-Stevo

Bevo-Stevo 1,000+ Posts

I'm guessing your great-grandad said the same thing to his great-grandad the last time the Texas A&M Aggies won their NC. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. 13evO

13evO 500+ Posts

5. schnarkle

schnarkle 500+ Posts

Speaking for myself, yep I enjoyed it very much thanks.

6. SINCE73

SINCE73 250+ Posts

Kinda ironic an aggy is saying Texas isn't going to win another NC whn you've won 4 of them since they have won their last one.

btw: I totally agree w/ him, tho.... [​IMG]

7. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Yeah, ask him if he enjoyed the one from '39. Oh, and that's four football NCs and 3 baseball NCs for Texas vs. ZERO for aggy during my lifetime.

8. beamout2000

beamout2000 < 25 Posts

Isn't there at least one Women's Basketball NC as well, their may be two but I do remember at least one.

9. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

Doooooooooooomed!!!

We all know the Sherminator is going to produce a dozen national championships in a row, and the next six Heisman Trophy winners. I know this. I read it myself on Texags.

Whoop!

10. blueag09

blueag09 250+ Posts

lmaorofl wut a n00b

11. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

Go here: The Link and print out the list.

Next time he says something like that, hand it to him.

Or just post it by the pictures on your wall.

BTW, I couldn't find a similar listing on the official aggy website.... You could ask him why that is...

I do think they actually have three (?) maybe: Football back in the 30's, and two women's sports, either softball or soccer in the 90's.

12. BevoMDCXVIII

BevoMDCXVIII 100+ Posts

13. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Not to jinx it, but the thought just hit me the other day --- Texas has a fairly reasonable chance of winning national titles in men's basketball, baseball, and football starting this March.

Not saying that each team is the best in their respective sports, but a couple of lucky breaks here and there?

Not likely, although not a laughable concept, like suggesting aggy might do the same.

14. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

[​IMG] aggy is so funny. They really have no idea that they just hand us mocking material, do they?

15. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Really, the aggy jokes just write themselves.

Go print out the list from the link on jmatt's response and ask your aggy co-worker if he could be more specific with his NC references, since there are so many.

16. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Your company should give strong consideration to its hiring practices. But as the guy asked above, which one?

17. aggy, with their unending jealousy of Texas, is seriously the KSUcks of the south division.

and no, that is not intended to be flattering.

18. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

We have a good chance to win the NC in Men's Swimming and Diving. I sure hope so. I am tired of staying on that No. 47 for the last two years and ready for 48 so we can get closer to the 50s.

19. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Of course I must admit I am still enjoying that National Championship. It is so much more recent than 1939 isn't it? [​IMG]

20. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

I really, really, really enjoyed that last national championship.

That will probably be the only time in NCAA history that a team with two Heisman winners loses.

21. Pancho Negro

Pancho Negro 250+ Posts

Overall Total National Championship Count

Texas - 49

Texas A&M - 2

22. Zone Read

Zone Read 100+ Posts

No aggy alive (or under the age of 90) has experienced anything like standing in a place like section 16, row 20 of the National Championship/Rose Bowl game and watching their team win it.

I can say from experience its a really cool feeling, they should try it sometime.

23. mackfan1

mackfan1 1,000+ Posts

bevorules was that "co-worker" your boss? Because we all know that's what you call an Aggie five years after graduation (or was it three?).

24. bevorules

bevorules 100+ Posts

I've even told this guy before that I hope they get to experience something like we did.

Think about all your close buddies that are aggys. Not the pompus, sheep-loving pricks, but the guys that you look past their aggyness and see as buds. Don't you want them to experience what we did?

25. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Aggy has beat Texas the last to years in a row. To them, that is the National Championship. So, your buds have enjoyed the hell out of that.

26. mackfan1

mackfan1 1,000+ Posts

27. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

28. BDog

BDog 250+ Posts

29. M C Orange

M C Orange 100+ Posts

whooooooooop

do we not have a thumbs up symbol on here? damn

30. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts