I Keep Hearing That We Have the Worst O-Line in College History

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by KBBAKER, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Injuries to the OL certainly hurt us, but we both began and ended the season with home losses to inferior competition - meaning our two worst losses of the year both came with Connor Williams healthy.

2. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Tom doesn't like to divulge top secret information to the media, but I would love to hear their explanation of how they changed passing game strategies with all of the offense of line injuries. What did they change? What routes did they change? How did they train their quarterbacks to have different reads with our offense of lineman situation?

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ghosts of OLs past I

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ghosts of OLs past II

Anyone want to guess the name of Auburn starting Right Tackle as the CFP Playoffs begin?

• Like Like x 1
  5. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Guess he wanted to play for a winner. Yeah, I said it.

6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Been my concern for the past 4 years, well more than that. Recruits and all the transfers, who could see what's going on better than a fan from the outside. This correction in direction we seek is going to take some super extraordinary leadership.

7. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

I feel like the 2018 class could be an indicator for things to come. If we're able to sign and keep eligible and present in Austin, they could be the basis for year-in-and-year-out winning attitude and effort. I believe in Herman's leadership and thought the team fought valiantly thru losses to USC, OU, and Ok State. Topsy turvy season but I'm kind of leaning forward to whatever bowl game Texas gets. Want to see what they can do, especially without the "old guard" that is moving on to bigger and better things....

8. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Right there with you on hoping for that 'if' you describe.

• Like Like x 1
  9. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

it's my opinion that it's the 2019 class that re-establishes us. in 2018, we are killing the skill positions. In 2019, there's top quality beef. We'll need both to "re-establish" ourselves.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It seems we are finally landing some draft worthy OL talent again

• Like Like x 2
  11. SeattleHorns

SeattleHorns < 25 Posts

If he's better than Justin Blalock, I'll eat my hat.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

13. SeattleHorns

SeattleHorns < 25 Posts

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is from Justin's own website. Forced to choose, I am going to have to side with him on this one --

"Justin is a graduate of Plano East Senior High School (PESH) where he started at left guard for three years. In May 2008, he was inducted into PESH’s Hall of Honor for his accomplishments on and off the field. In May 2013, Justin was inducted into the citywide Plano Independent School District’s Hall of Honor...."
    https://justinblalock.com/about-justin/

".... Blalock was born in Dallas, Texas. He attended Plano East Senior High School in the Dallas suburb of Plano. He was three-year starter at offensive guard, but also saw playing time at defensive tackle. As a sophomore in 1999, Blalock was named second-team all-district after recording 151 pancake blocks, as he helped lead Plano East to an 11-3 record and the Texas 5A Division II state quarterfinals that season....."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Blalock

" ... A three-year starter at left guard for East, Blalock was a top-rated offensive lineman that signed with the University of Texas. By the time he graduated from UT, he had won a national championship and been nominated for the Lombardi Award and Outland Trophy, awards given to the top lineman in the country. While at UT, he also made the Athletic Director’s Academic Dean’s List twice...."
    http://starlocalmedia.com/planocour...cle_a1e9d0b4-21f9-11e6-85dd-a397e8747d11.html

The recruiting services also listed him as an OG
    https://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Blalock-26759/high-school-43564

15. SeattleHorns

SeattleHorns < 25 Posts

Well slap me and call me Shirley.
    I guess I'm out of my mind. I was sure he played tackle in hs, I was at every junior and senior game. Guess I'm an idiot.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here someone asks him what his fav block of all time was
    (Should FF to the 28 second mark)

18. SeattleHorns

SeattleHorns < 25 Posts

He's a great guy, I was on he line with him before I stopped playing fb and in the band with him as well.

• Like Like x 1