I know this is just a coincidence, but...

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by atxbaby, Oct 16, 2008.

1. atxbaby

atxbaby 250+ Posts

it is still kinda freaky.

The other night I was at the Flying Saucer for trivia and one of the questions was "Which color of Reese's Pieces is the most common?" My team thought it was brown, but it turned out to be orange.

Anyway, today I realized that I had bought some Reese's Pieces at the airport on the way back from Boulder and I had never eaten them. So I got them out to do my own experiment, and I guess my bag was not representative of the population, because I had more yellows than browns and oranges.

So I sit down to watch TV a little bit ago,and I turn to the HBO channels to see what's on and E.T. is just starting. As everyone knows, Reese's Pieces play a crucial role in the beginning of the movie, when Elliot's making friends with E.T.

Weird, huh?

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

How much did you have to drink?

I was at a friends house over the weekend and they had a big thing of M&M'sm or so I thought. Turns out they were a mix of them and Reece's. I picked out the Reece's the rest of the time.

3. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts

that type of **** happens to me all the time!! Crazy!!

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

What, you meet little aliens for trivia and sugar rushes?

5. X-Ray_Horn

X-Ray_Horn 250+ Posts

Though quite coincidental, it's also a form of selective perception.

ET's probably on the cable channels quite a bit, and you've gone past it several times without a second thought. But since you were just at the Flying Saucer and Reese's Pieces were on your mind, it made you recognize the fact that ET was on.

6. CaptainEd

CaptainEd 1,000+ Posts

it's a sign.

7. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either.
    It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

[​IMG]

8. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

This is intense.

9. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts