I present to HF: Raptor Jesus

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by MissingInAction, Oct 8, 2007.

1. hooklahoma

hooklahoma 1,000+ Posts

I thought i was pretty clear that I can take a good blasphemous joke, but simply being offensive for the sake of being offensive doesn’t equal funny. Most of the posters on this thread agree. Read...........for............comprehension...........

I guess your feelings are hurt that everyone isn’t rolling on the floor whenever a religious icon is mocked in an unimaginative stupid manner.

2. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

3. capnamerca

capnamerca 500+ Posts

Raptor Jesus ate my balls.

Mr T vs Raptor Jesus!

I can has raptor jesus?

4. kangsta

kangsta 500+ Posts

I really don't see it as "mocking a religious icon" for "the sake of being offensive."

I see it as a joke. I think people get offended too easily. It's a freakin dinosaur head on a drawing that wasn't really that funny, but the thread was funny.

No need to label everyone who wasn't offended to their self righteous core as stupid

5. I_Live_In_OK

I_Live_In_OK 500+ Posts

As opposed to just good, or damn good, this thread apparently is really damn good.

6. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

Coming to Esthers and complaining about _anything_ on this board ... that it offended you or you consider it a personal attack is like going to The Onion and complaining to them that they offended/attacked you.

7. MissingInAction

MissingInAction 100+ Posts

Sweet fuckin raptor jesus! It's a god damn dinasaur head on a jesus body. I find it ******* awesome, and thought I'd share it's incredibleness with Esther's.
    This is esther's, bitching about something being stupid or offensive here is like bitching about the heat in TExas.

8. killerfrog17

killerfrog17 250+ Posts

Kind of an aside, but just a little reminder (since I haven't seen the full name even once on here) that raptor is just short for velociraptor, the dino's actual name.
    I'm sure y'all already know that there is an actual full raptor word (a bird of prey), but I fear youngins who have only heard Raptor referring to velociraptors will miss that.
    Jurassic Park is by far the most responsible for this. The Toronto Raptors (who chose to use a velociraptor for their logo/mascot) are second.
    How about just using an apostrophe, as in 'raptor?

Some may think I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but whatever.
    [​IMG]

9. MissingInAction

What the f**k?! This isn't quacks. Either laugh at this retarded **** or don't. It really isn't that big a deal, and I don't care.
    It's mutha fuckin Raptor Jesus, and he's got an uzi.

10. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

I wish Raptor Jesus' lamb had a Raptor head too-- or maybe a Triceratops head.

11. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

Look what I found...

[​IMG]

12. Beamwalker

Beamwalker 250+ Posts

Its not offensive, its just not funny. It is, in fact, stupid. This is what you get when there is an infinite amount of space that people can put whatever retarded idea that comes into their heads. Its great because the internet comes up with some pretty funny stupid stuff, but then again it comes up with some really not funny stupid stuff.

13. TexasHooch

TexasHooch 100+ Posts

14. PiGuy

PiGuy 250+ Posts

The original comic wasn't funny, but all this hoopla and the sure to be oncoming subsequent inside jokes sure are.

I look forward to seeing raptor heads plastered over every photo from now on. [​IMG]

15. PipFunatUT

PipFunatUT 500+ Posts

this thread has become funny... watching the people that is...

16. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

Esther's Follies content is not about judgement... if this was T-Rex Coach Fran you judgemental religious followers would not be getting all bent out of shape. It seems that Jesus' teachings bring out the worst in his own people.

17. PhatAtUT

PhatAtUT 100+ Posts

18. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

damn... and you caught it before my edit too!

19. MissingInAction

So, let's talk about the immaculate conception of raptor jesus. Were mary and joseph dinosaurs, or is god dinosaur?Which half supplied the Raptor genes? Or was Mary befallen by some frisky raptors?

20. TexasHooch

TexasHooch 100+ Posts

[​IMG]
    Offensive and funny as ****

[​IMG]
    Offensive but not particularly funny

[​IMG]
    funny but not offensive

[​IMG]
    Not funny and not offensive, just stupid.

Raptor Jesus is Pauly Shore.

21. Beamwalker

Beamwalker 250+ Posts

Dude, take that back. BioDome was funny. Stupid, but funny. This is neither funny nor offensive but just stupid. Raptor Jesus = weekly celebrity magazines. Pointless, not funny, and make everyone who sees it dumber for having done so. We really need negative stars for **** like this.

22. TexasHooch

TexasHooch 100+ Posts

Ok so even Pauly > Raptor Jesus.

How about [​IMG]

or
    [​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

23. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

I wish Raptor Jesus was my father.

24. MissingInAction

Comparing Raptor Jesus to carrot top? Hello Armageddon.

25. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

Raptor Jesus vs. the 1985 Chicago Bears.

26. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

After he wins... does he spike the football? You're god damn right he does... and then he spikes every player on the field.

27. Spankytoes

Spankytoes 100+ Posts

Actually...

The funny part of this thread are the posters high fiving themselves about getting under the Creationists' skin. There has yet to be a post by anyone saying that they are even remotely offended. The majority consensus is that the line of "comedy" is just plain stupid. Am I missing something?

Here, I'll throw you a bone as a Creationsist...

Please don't make fun of Jesus! My faith is being shattered by this thread and it makes me not want to love one another. I will pray for you and hope that God enters your hearts someday.

Nah, I'll just say "f**k it" and let you giggle for a while. Maybe someone will get truely offended so that your e-peen can be satisified.

Oh, and uh...God bless?

28. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

A scarifice for Raptor Jesus....

[​IMG]

29. locohorn93

locohorn93 100+ Posts

Hey, I found it. Yea.
    It was probably because
    I was inverted.

30. MissingInAction

I could care less what mythology you believe in. I found a picture of your lord and savior with a dino head on him hilarious.