I want to continue to play aggy on T-day

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Alex_de_Large, Aug 13, 2011.

1. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

I don't want to play anyone Thanksgiving day. That Friday or Saturday would be fine with me.

2. geezerhorn

geezerhorn 1,000+ Posts

3. BigVegasHorn26

BigVegasHorn26 250+ Posts

The only reason I'd be fine with still playing them on T Day is, because after weeks of getting their heads smashed in in conference play, they'd probably be lame ducks by the time we reached them and an easy W.

4. Fritz

Fritz 500+ Posts

Meh.

I'd prefer to let it sit for a while - maybe come back to it in the future. I'm sick of ATM's whining about everything - if we're playing them every year, I'm sure it will just go on and on. Let's revisit it in ~5 years. In the meantime, lets start up the Arkansas rivalry again. The cross-state stuff seems to be more fun anyway.

5. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

No, hell no.
    We would be in an excellent position to replace them with Notre Dame, Michigan, Wisconsin, USC...lots of better possibilities.

6. jdelatorre

jdelatorre 500+ Posts

ND T+1 FTW

7. horn123

horn123 500+ Posts

The times they are a changing. [​IMG]
    If things workout bad for them in the SEC,they can play on the LHN.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Herman wants to play them too --

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Using this aggy metric, it will never happen

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Texas-ousucks used to be ours in the pre-B12 days. aTm could be now. we'll put a boot in their ***.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

If aggy wanted to play Texas every season they should not have walked away. Actions have consequences.

• Like Like x 7
  12. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

I would not object to playing any in-state "rival" if it were a program of some accomplishment and generally respected throughout CFB. Speaking of which, Baylor needs to burn to the ground.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I love having a Texas Head Coach ready to assert he's the Alpha Male representing the Alpha School.
    Big 10 schools making inroads with satellite camps? Hell, we can do satellite camps better than you.

Former rival and SEC school's fans whining because we won't schedule them? Hey, we WANT to play you EVERY year!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Scoreboard. I'd rather let them piss and moan abt Tucker kicking their *** for all eternity.

• Like Like x 2
  15. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Screw aggy. They walked away. I'd rather set up a yearly Notre Dame, Michigan...etc.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Only on T+1. I don't like us playing anyone on Thanksgiving.

Yeah, it's only 85 and super-muggy instead of 105 and semi-muggy.... :D

17. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I was at the last game in 2011. Nearly 6 years later.... I still do not miss playing aggy at all and would like us not playing them to stay that way. Maryland, USC, Michigan, LSU, Ohio State, etc in Austin are more exciting games and are more exciting road trips. A&M is been there, done that. We beat them on average two out of every three games and we have a winning record at Gomer Pyle Field. Hell, Im 3-0 attending games in B/CS (05, 09, 11). Nothing more to see with that series.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017